Senior Systems Administrator/Operations Support Lead
- Crystal City, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: The Operations support Lead report to the Operations manager and be responsible for day to day for systems, applications support activities. This Operations support lead will coordinate and support technical systems operations, preform daily execution of inbound and out bound interfaces, coordinate with DISA data centers to facilitate the patch management life cycle, lead incidents, tickets and issues to closure, develop and execute standard operations procedures. The Operations support lead will closely coordinated with the Human Resources Integration Center, HRIC, Help Desk and Government teams to assure daily systems operations are executed and maintained.
- Identify, monitor and drive to resolution resolve operational problems and issues within the defined service level agreements.
- Analyze root causes of operational malfunctions and coordinate resolutions.
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues promptly.
- Develop preventive measures and document issue resolution procedures.
- Manage job calendars and flows to ensure timely completion.
- Recommend process improvements to improve operational efficiency
- Evaluate current operational processes and recommend improvements
- Develop Standard operating procedures and knowledgebase solutions
- Monitor system operations and troubleshoot problems.
- Manage job scheduling tool and monitor repair activities.
- Maintain daily logs of operational issues and maintenance activities.
- Monitor systems status and provide consolidated operational metrics and reporting
- Develop support plan to prioritize and resolve multiple issues.
- Address customer issues promptly and accurately.
- Must have active Secret clearance
- Must have Security + certification or must obtain within 90 days of start
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree
- 10 years of supporting large scale government applications and infrastructures
- 5 years as Tier 3 application and or infrastructure support
- 5 years’ experience in patch management in a Unix / linux environment
- 5+ years of experience managing and operating batch processing schedules
- 5+ years of incident management
- 5+ years of experience administrating PeopleSoft or other ERP / equivalent system
- 5 years of Unix/Linux patch management experience
- 5+ Ability to plan and track work of others
- Ability to organize and lead meetings to communicate status and planning
- Must be a team player and be able to adjust to a dynamic working environment that supports a government agency
Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain a Security Clearance due to Federal Contracting Requirements
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development , Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Monday, November 19, 2018