Army Payroll Subject Matter Expert
- Crystal City, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as an Army Payroll Subject Matter Expert for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System–Army (IPPS-A). Works under minimal supervision and performs relatively routine tasks related to Army Payroll. Advises Program Manager, PeopleSoft Developer, PeopleSoft HCM Functional Analyst, Data Developers, and ERP Functional Tester on all aspects of Army payroll. Develops requirements related to Army Payroll activities and documents tasks to track requirements from development to completion of end-to-end testing.
- Participates in other program working groups and IPTs to ensure cross collaboration with other Global Payroll SMEs.
- Collaborates with Army Stakeholders and Functional Management Division to resolve Payroll-related issues.
- Develops operational mission scenarios, which covers Army payroll business processes.
- Documents Payroll-related tasks in appropriate tools (HP Agile Manager, HP Application Lifecycle Management)
- Plans, prepares, manages and reports progress on Payroll-related activities.
- Provides expert level payroll guidance to less advanced team members and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Strong understanding of DJMS/DFAS Army pay reconciliation.
- Strong understanding of FIDs.
- 7-9 years of Army pay experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written.
- Experience and capabilities using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Ability to interact with client effectively in resolving routine problems.
- Knowledge of the Agile development process.
- Experience in HP Agile Manager and HP Application Life-Cycle Management.
- Knowledge and experience with GRC Suite, and Army Key Supporting Documents (KSD.)
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in working in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF.)
Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain a Security Clearance due to Federal Contracting Requirements
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development , Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Monday, November 19, 2018