Configuration Management Specialist
- Pentagon, DC
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide coverage to the Configuration Management Program during scheduled shift.
- Provide on-call and recall support as-required.
- Provide ‘Mission Essential’ support availability, including physical coverage during inclement weather, holidays, and government closure.
- Provide support of Primary, Secondary, and COOP locations within a 150 mile National Capital Region (NCR) area, including overnight lodging.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet and position self to maintain systems and equipment within the IT environment, including under desks and in enclosed spaces.
- Respond to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the IT environment.
- Complete and document trouble tickets using applicable software, and policy and procedures within established SLA time windows.
- Drive policy implementation for configuration management documentation, including SOP’s, Change Board Reviews, Controllable item (CI) management
- Build stakeholder consensus with government and contractor input on policy changes
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain configuration management policies and standards
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing management plans, policies, procedures, and processes
- Develop configuration management standards, plans, and procedures
- Ensure changes to methods and processes are approved, communicated, and documented
- Manage the configuration management plan, principles and processes
- Scope, plan, and direct the configuration management process
- Maintain project(s) status information and records
- Ensure integrity and operational performance of CM systems
- Monitor performance of existing asset and configuration management systems and recommend improvement opportunities
- Conduct and direct Requirements Review Board (RRB), Technical Review Board (TRB), Configuration Control Board (CCB), and Commander’s Configuration Management Board (CCMB)
- Review changes in configurations for compliance with industry standards as well as contractual and internal requirements
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical discipline or business administration and 06 years of total IT and CM experience or 09 years of progressively responsible IT and CM experience
- CompTia A+ or Network+ (IAT-I or higher)
- Creation of IT Service Management policies, processes, and procedures (04 years)
- Implementation and Maintenance of IT Service Management programs (02 years)
- Microsoft Office Products (04 years)
- Active TS SSBI; SCI Eligible
- Interim clearance will not be accepted
- Current (within 05 years) computing environment certification; Ex. Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, ITIL v3
- BMC Remedy (03 years
- ITIL framework (02 years)
Must be a US Citizen and possess a Top Secret Security Clearance due to Federal Contracting Requirements
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Monday, May 21, 2018