Java Developer (Senior)
- Fort Knox, KY, United States
Seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise environment.Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the REQUEST and RETAIN systems.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- ·6+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- Must have a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services’ competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Monday, July 9, 2018