Information Assurance Subject Matter Expert (IA SME)
- College Park, MD
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides expert support, research and analysis of exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to them.
- Serves as technical expert to the Cybersecurity Assessment Program providing technical
direction, interpretation and alternatives to complex problems.
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and ingenious solutions.
- Recommends cybersecurity software tools and assists in the development of software tool requirements and selection criteria.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Expertise is in the area of cybersecurity and evaluations.
- Due to customer related requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related field with at least seven (7) years of IT experience and five (5) years of IA experience.
- CASP, CISSP, CISM or GSLC certification is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for resolving security issues.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components.
Monday, July 9, 2018