Information Assurance Subject Matter Expert (IA SME)
- College Park, MD
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides expert support, research and analysis of exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to them.
- Serves as technical expert to the Cybersecurity Assessment Program providing technical
direction, interpretation and alternatives to complex problems.
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and ingenious solutions.
- Recommends cybersecurity software tools and assists in the development of software tool requirements and selection criteria.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Expertise is in the area of cybersecurity and evaluations.
- Due to customer related requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related field with at least seven (7) years of IT experience and five (5) years of IA experience.
- CASP, CISSP, CISM or GSLC certification is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for resolving security issues.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components.
CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily with the US Government. We hold a CMMI maturity level 3 rating in both Services and Development as well as an ISO 9001:2015 certification. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE / Open Source Solutions, Data Warehousing, plus much more. Full time employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services’ competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Posted On: Monday, August 13, 2018