Java Developer Associate
- Fort Knox, KY
Java Developer Associate
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a Java developer whose code is clean, efficient, and well documented. Candidate will design and develop solutions to meet the business requirements in support of the Army’s mission, ensuring technical capabilities are secure, scalable, and defect free. Able to work in a team environment where work packages are assigned and expected to be completed within a given time frame. You have a passion for learning new technologies and taking a deeper dive into your understanding of the current technology stack.
- Work with the project manager, business analyst, UI/UX designer, and lead developer to turn the requirements into working, bug-free, code.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Prepares/Updates/Approves Detailed Component Architecture Documents (DCA) and System Technical Architecture Documents (Technical Architecture, System Metrics, Threat Models, Configuration Guides).
- Develop automated tests for both backend and frontend code.
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews of design document and software components.
- Communicate (verbally and written) with different functional and operational team technical representatives.
- Continue to stay current on new techniques and apply them to the project with the approval of the lead developer and project manager.
- 1+ year of software development experience developing Java web applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- U.S. Citizen
- Secret Security Clearance
- Security+ Certification
- Ability to obtain a certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, within the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment at a fast pace with multiple deadlines
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring 4 and AngularJS
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with NoSQL databases particularly Document-oriented databases
- Experience with Single Page Application (SPA) development
- Experience with Message Queues such as HornetQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience using version control tools such as Git
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as JBoss or Tomcat
- Ability to prototype work with new technologies
- Knowledge of Army human resources data and processes
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience in TypeScript and Angular
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development , Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
To view all of our open positions, please visit our website.
Monday, December 10, 2018