Test Engineer (Mid)
- Crystal City, VA
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a Mid-Level Global Payroll Test Engineer for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System–Army (IPPS-A). Works under minimal supervision, performs relatively routine tasks related to testing of the Payroll functionality of IPPS-A ERP using manual and automated test tools. Writes test procedures. Investigates and analyzes test failures. Builds and maintains automated regression test suites and integrates them into build processes. Works with the Senior Test Lead to ensure test processes and procedures are followed.
- Writes detailed test plans
- Develops test scenarios and test scripts
- Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
- Ensures functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
- Designs, develops and executes reusable test cases and procedures based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation using HP ALM
- Identifies, creates and secures test data as necessary
- Performs functional administration, configuration, and utilization of testing tools
- Collects, tracks and reports test metrics and briefs leadership on test status
- Develops and maintains the Test Management Plan (TMP) that defines the approach, processes, and procedures that integrates with and supports the Government’s Integrated Test and Evaluation (T&E) approach and Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
- Develops and maintains the Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix that maps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to the applicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes
- Responsibility is to assist in prototyping's solution design, development
- Provides US Army understanding to solutions and business challenges & translates them into process solutions
- Assists with interpreting US Army requirements from fit gap, performs highly complex analyses and presents options and recommendations to obtain desired results.
- Assists with updating functional and technical design specifications and solutions
- Participate in code and design reviews and technical presentations to cross functional staff
- Assist prototype team with managing client relationships within context of the individual role.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or related field with three to five years of software testing experience
- Strong experience across the Human Resource module including Core HR, Self-Service, Global Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Enterprise Learning Management (ELM)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft versions 9.1/9.2
- Five -7 years of PeopleSoft HCM experience
- Strong experience with writing and running medium to complex SQL Queries
- Experience with Test Management and Automated Test Execution tools
- Experience with automated regression test scripts
- Experience in Federal Government software testing
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to attain active Secret clearance
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle UPK and GRC Suite, and SQL
- Demonstrated experience working with continuous integration environments
- Expertise with HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (ALM, Unified Functional Testing, Performance Center)
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment with understanding of test concepts, methodologies and practices
Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain a Security Clearance due to Federal Contracting Requirements
CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily with the US Government. We hold a CMMI maturity level 3 rating in both Services and Development as well as an ISO 9001:2015 certification. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE / Open Source Solutions, Data Warehousing, plus much more. Full time employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services’ competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018