Network Engineer (Firewall/VPN)
- Quantico, VA
Provide technical leadership in the design, integration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks. Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Design and evaluate communication hardware and software, troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN)/Body Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) and other network related problems,
- Provide technical expertise for performance, design and configuration of networks. Provide design and integration of multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies such as Juniper Security Appliances (SSL-VPN and VPN), McAfee Firewalls, and FortiGate Firewalls.
- Perform Capacity and Demand Management activities in accordance with the USMC Circuit Management processes. Schedule conversions and cutovers and supports traffic analysis and traffic shaping design plans. Perform network routing utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing and Virtual routing and forwarding (VRF).
- Perform network security utilizing VRF, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), access control list (ACL), IPSec and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPNs).
- Design the capabilities for caching and proxy to enhance information access and performance. Design control over the Actively protects the content that may be accessed through the proxy (i.e. filter by category, allow policy application scheduling, and filter category updates from a Government approved industry provider).
- Expert knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Portal (DHCP). Perform tasks associated with Stateful Packet Filtering Network Firewall, Application Firewall, and Web Application Firewall. Design Uniform Resource Locator (URL) filtering, anti-malware, HTTP and HTTPS inspections.
- Must possess ITIL V3. Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIP-SEC), Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional (CMSP), or equivalent certification, or resume as accepted by Government demonstrating sufficient experience in lieu of certification. Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician Level III.
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience in telecommunications and/or data communications.
ITIL V3 and at least one of CCNP, FCNSP, JNCIP-SEC, CMSP.
- Fully Adjudicated SSBI - TS Clearance
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development , Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
To view all of our open positions, please visit our website.
Monday, May 21, 2018