PLANT MANAGER- Plastic Extrusion
Cornerstone Management Solutions
- Caro, MI
A Multi-site Plant Manager is being sought in the "thumb" of Michigan. Tremendous fast-growing privately held company. The Plant Manager will plan, coordinate and direct all operations within 3 facilities; To lead and motivate management team members to cost-effectively and safely manufacture high-quality goods in accordance with production goals; To make recommendations and implement appropriate changes to improve operations.
- Bachelors in business/industrial-related field or equivalent work experience in the automotive industry
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a plastics manufacturing environment or related field in the automotive industry
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing leadership experience
- Advanced problem-solving skills (Design of Experiments, Root Cause Analysis, Regression Analysis, 8D, 5 Why, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent customer relation, communication, and team skills
- LEAN Manufacturing certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Shanin Red X certification
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Advanced organization skills
- Advanced analytical and decision-making skills
- Formal business education or training
To plan, coordinate and direct all operations within the facility; To lead and motivate management team members to cost-effectively and safely manufacture high-quality goods in accordance with production goals; To make recommendations and implement appropriate changes to improve operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Manage all phases of manufacturing while incorporating lean principles; Lead and motivate department managers & team members to deliver high-quality goods in accordance with production goals.
2. Develop strong knowledge of all plant processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of resources
(materials, machines, equipment, personnel, etc.) and utilize additional resources as needed.
3. Responsible for plant financials, budgeting and cost control; Monitor key plant metrics and analyze statistical data to make recommendations and improvements to enhance the profitability of operations.
4. Ensure the plant is compliant with all training, quality and environmental requirements.
5. Support and adhere to the plant safety program to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
6. Act as the key contact at the plant for policy administration, strategic initiatives, and issue resolution.
7. Develop knowledge of current trends in the industry and lead organization with new product and/or process launches.
8. Coach cross-functional plant teams to solve product and/or process problems in a timely fashion using appropriate problem-solving skills in order to minimize the loss of production and maintain customer satisfaction.
9. Communicate with all levels of the organization; Conduct plant meetings and foster a positive, results-oriented work environment that is focused on quality, on-time delivery, and continuous improvement.
10. Travel as required to manufacturing facilities in Michigan and Mexico, customer facilities and other locations as needed.
Thursday, February 13, 2020