- Minneapolis, MN
The HR Manager will have a variety of responsibilities focused on the development and retention of our team. This person will play a key role in helping to move the business forward. This role will be involved in supporting the leadership team and managers in programs and processes related to talent. The company is growing, evolving, and focused on the future. If you love change management, employee relations, and HR generalist projects, this may be your next opportunity.
- Serves as employee liaison, furthering the culture, growth, engagement, and development of the brand and the people
- Participates in the ongoing discussion at the executive level about talent, HR practice, and accountability
- Champions the values and vision of the company by leading to ensure a positive work environment to drive the highest levels of employee engagement.
- Manages the compensation and benefits plans that enable the company to attract and retain the talent needed to deliver the vision while identifying cost savings opportunities and synergies of scale.
- Implements organization-wide selection tools, processes, job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Leadership of HR legal compliance and risk management across the organization.
- Maintain and update employee handbook
- Review existing talent related processes and make recommendations for changes or edits
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Work closely with management to identify training needs, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Streamlines and supports the performance management process across the company
- Leads and makes recommendations for ongoing training and development programs
- Keeps performance management top of mind, and encourages immediate feedback, conflict resolution, and ongoing focus on culture and retention
- Administers annual engagement survey process and leads efforts to communicate results and develop and track action plans.
Payroll & Benefits
- Maintains retirement plan files and collection of payroll data, correspondence and reports
- Administers employee benefit programs such as group insurance, life, medical, dental, and disability insurance, retirement benefits, and FMLA benefits
- Manage and provide overall and benefit orientations, enrollments
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and assures accurate billing. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives
- Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs
- Maintain relationship between company and insurance vendors and act as a liaison when needed
Recruitment & Hiring
- Proactively partners with Recruiting Leader and Hiring Managers to ensure proper attention is paid to building a pipeline of potential talent
- May participate in interviews and the vetting process
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Representing the company at job fairs and college campuses
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company's organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years HR experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in business and HR related computer applications, along with Microsoft Office
Monday, October 14, 2019