- Minneapolis, MN
For over 25 years our client has delivered the best-in-class invoice factoring solutions, and accounts receivable management to small to midsize companies throughout the United States. Their purpose is to help business owners succeed by providing creative, simple, quick, and flexible banking solutions. They foster a great workplace envrionment and their culture of long-term employees is a fundamental core competency driving their outstanding business results.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for selling factoring services by sourcing clients through our client's existing referral network and provided leads. As well as locating, developing, nurturing, and closing business relationships within assigned territories. This person will do this through qualifying clients and building relationships, while also maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Develop a planned approach by creating a sales plan for the activities and number of opportunities needed to hit the goal.
- Managing and progressing a qualified pipeline of opportunities by prioritizing prospects.
- Submit forecasts and pipeline reports to management on a timely basis.
- Drive sales and revenue by developing opportunities through outbound telephone and email prospecting to target and develop relationships in their market segment.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations and effectively answer all customer questions to create a sense of urgency with prospects to engage in our factoring services.
- Conduct inquiry to uncover potential value tie-ins through receivables funding.
- Effectively qualify opportunities based on invoicing, commercial credit, profit margins, invoicing, liens or encumbrances, and other historical financial information.
- Efficiently gather and follow up on all of the needed documentation and information to pass on to underwriting to ensure a smooth customer transition.
- Develop, manage and progress a healthy sales pipeline of opportunities to ensure attainment of quota.
- Research, capture, and document significant customer information in the company's database (Salesforce.com).
- Provide management with timely and accurate reports of forecasts and pipeline.
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience utilizing a transactional selling approach via telephone, web conferencing and email to target accounts preferred
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
- Experience in banking, financial management, accounts receivables, stock broker, on-line mortgage broker is a plus
- PC proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite) required
- CRM proficiency (Salesforce.com) preferred
- Ability to respond effectively to changing conditions or requirements while retaining a positive outlook
- Ability to collect and analyze data, infer relationships among data points, draw sound conclusions, and formulate recommendations that address critical variables
- Possessing a sense of urgency and willingness to jump in to get tasks and projects completed, solve problems, or suggest improvements
- Ability to quickly establish trusting relationships and develop a rhythm of regular interaction to maintain an authentic connection that results in being top of mind when a need or opportunity arises.
Thursday, August 1, 2019