Director of Operations
- Minneapolis, MN
Founded in 1997, our client is the nation’s leading expert and provider of science-based reading instruction for students. They provide science-based teaching materials & professional development using their best-in-class programs and training. Over the past twenty years, our client has helped thousands of school districts improve reading scores by providing tools and training to educators working with struggling students. Today, more than 75,000 educators across the country are using their system to get students caught up to their peers.
The Director of Operations will play an integral part in building out strategies around inventory management and supply chain efficiencies. They will work closely with vendors, implement business systems, and keep the company headquarters office running smoothly. Employing over 30 people nationally, including 12 at their Minnesota office. They have seen an unprecedented level of growth over the past five years, and especially the last three years. Due to the increasing demand of their product and growing team, company leaders have determined the need for an energetic and growth-minded Director of Operations.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and implement necessary initiatives to ensure accountability and client deliverables
- Develop and implement effective operational processes and procedures
- Manage supply chain shipping and receiving logistics
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts
- Order inventory for onsite vendors and general office supplies
- Manage vendor maintenance, such as copy machine maintenance, outsourced IT vendor, etc.
- Oversee Technical Administrator as direct report
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Utilize software such as NetSuite, Gather, and SalesForce
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in logistics and inventory management.
- Strong operational management skills including proven ability to manage effective teams, clients success and workflow
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong detail oriented problem-solving skills
- A “hands-on” doer with a strong attention to detail, desire for systems and follow through
- Thrives on identifying and solving complex problems
- Exhibits a strong drive for results and success
- Proficient in business and related computer applications, along with Microsoft Office.
Monday, October 4, 2021