Our client, makes windows and doors inspired by how you live so you're inspired to live well. They are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Their business reaches across the nation and their products are represented around the world.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager is a facilitative leader accountable for bottom line improvements. The CI Manager champions the organization’s continuous improvement journey through application of lean principles to rapidly improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
• Collaborates with plant operations leadership team to prioritize, select and resource projects critical to achieving plant goals; leads, manages and coaches plant-wide improvement projects and initiatives; tracks return on investment of continuous improvement activity
• Facilitates change and supports the deployment, adoption and sustainment of Lean thinking and the use of Lean tools.
• Develop and implement strategy for fostering basic problem-solving knowledge and behavior at all levels; this includes coaching, training, and driving disciplined application of fact-based, root-cause thinking.
• Teaches, facilitates, coaches, and ensures adherence to established standards for value stream mapping/analysis, rapid improvement and 5S; makes decisions about the design of value stream analyses and kaizen workshops.
• Teaches and coaches standardized work development, documentation, training, adherence, improvement, and management.
• Constantly seeks to identify, share, and facilitate adoption of best practices to eliminate waste and improve performance within manufacturing.
• Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education with a degree in Engineering, Business, Quality, or Management
• 5+ years’ experience facilitating and leading continuous improvement events
• 3+ years' management experience
• 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing / operations experience
• Lean, Six Sigma, and/or Quality certification(s) or in pursuit of certification(s)
• Experienced Kaizen Leader – preferred candidate would have led a minimum of 20 events
• Proven leader and team builder; high energy, positive attitude, excellent communication skills
• Must be able to prioritize multiple projects, perform complex tasks, organize and follow through consistently and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Demonstrable skill in teaching, coaching and influencing leaders; ability to influence upward, across and down with skill, grace and humor without formal authority
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.