Director of Operations
- Nashville, TN
To be successful in this role, you must be equally able to manage, lead, and get into the weeds when necessary. Your focus will be to successfully execute plans/projects, knowing that this will require hands on work as well as delegation to other team members.
This position can be located anywhere in the contiguous United States. Company HQ is in Nashville, TN.
Our client was founded in 2009 with the goal to provide a supportive, fun, and approachable entry point to health and fitness to those of us who consider ourselves a little (or a lot) nerdy. Integrating health and fitness with journeys, quests, comics and more, they’ve built a successful and thriving community of like-minded people who want to be healthier and feel better.
- Assess current business operations, tools, and processes and make recommendations to leadership. Implement changes based on these recommendations/findings.
- Build out and manage the mid-level team within the organization, including adding a Head of Marketing, Head of Products/Sales and Head of Technology.
- Develop KPIs and Metrics consistent with overall business plan.
- Develop and maintain a consistent company-wide hiring, onboarding, and performance development process.
- Partner with the CEO (Visionary) on short and long-term planning.
- Filter and translate ideas and organizational vision into the functional plans of the business.
- Manage major projects, standardize operations, and integrate major functions of the business.
- Achieve or exceed planned P&L objectives.
- Leads, manages, and holds the leadership team and others accountable.
- Manages all key functional areas of the business: Coaching, Events, Products/Sales, Marketing, and Technology.
- Once established and refined, ensure that everyone is adhering to the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency.
- Demonstrate effective project management and continuous improvement skills. Uses both skills to evolve core processes.
- Give strategic direction and structure to scale company’s app.
- 8+ years in an Operational Leadership role.
- Proven success establishing and meeting key business metrics.
- Must be detail oriented with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience in Tech field.
- Experience with Apps.
- Knowledge of EOS/Traction methodologies.
- Self-starter, comfortable working and managing a team remotely.
- Experience building a successful team.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021