Field Service and Installation Tech
- Chicago, IL, United States
HM Cragg, is an 100% employee owned company with an extremely impressive growth history with a stock price increase of over 400% in the past 10 years! The Installation & Service Technician is responsible for the overall development and implementation of various installation and maintenance services. The person in this position will provide these services in the field at customer sites.
Reporting Relationship: The Installation and Service Technician reports to the Director of Service and Standby Sales
- Install/removes common system equipment/hardware, including wiring and connections on non working equipment.
- Adheres to the installation methods and standards per Telcordia GR-1275-CORE
- Demonstrates proper operation of basic tools and test equipment
- Supplies and organizes trucks with all equipment necessary to perform job functions at various sites.
- Proactively stays up to date on safety training, compliance and knowledge of HAZMAT and DOT requirements
- Continually trains and develops to advance to next levels of Installation and Field Technician
- Conforms to all safety standards
- Perform other assignments as assigned
Level Specific Responsibilities:
Note: Technicians SHALL NOT perform work operations or job activities on working equipment or live circuits.
- Ability to take direction, communication and supervision from upper levels of Installation and Field Technicians, Service Manager, and assigned Project Manager
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in work and relationships
- Demonstrates servant-based principles with internal and external customers
- Demonstrates innovation/creativity in work
- Possesses strong work ethic and takes ownership of both company and client goals/objectives
- Focused on understanding, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Focused on collaboration and team work for the mutual success of the company and its employees
- Demonstrates a willingness to sacrifice personal time for the company as conditions warrant
- Required travel to customer sites out of town for overnight and/or extended periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-years Electrical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to work at various heights
- Ability to lift 150 pounds repetitively
- Ability to obtain Class C Commercial Drivers License with Hazardous Material Endorsement within 90 days of hire
- Must pass a physical exam, background check and drug test within 90 days of hire
Tuesday, February 23, 2021