Human Resources Manager
- Princeton, MN
Our client is one of the largest custom cabinet manufacturers in the U.S. Every cabinet is still built one at a time. From shaping each piece of moulding, to routing the cabinet doors, and assembling each box, our strength lies in our extended family of true craftsman located in central Minnesota. Our client takes great pride in our knowledgeable, hard-working people, who have learned the cabinetmaking trade over several decades and continue to pass the craft on to future generations.
Managerial Job Duties:
- Understands, endorses and supports the company's mission and values.
- Understands, endorses, supports and teaches the policies and procedures of the company.
- Develops, gains approval of and implements goals, objectives and budgets for his/her area of responsibility.
- Provides meaningful input regarding the policies, operations and direction of the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership by presenting a positive example, establishing high standards, holding people accountable, and maintaining the highest standards of honesty as well as integrity.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Assures that all organizational charts and job descriptions are up-to-date and communicated.
- Develops human resource management policy and programs that contribute to the acquisition, retention, motivation and development of company employees capable of meeting current as well as future organization needs and objectives.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and communication of the pay system.
- Manages the Workers’ Compensation program.
- Coordinates benefit administration and review process.
- Coordinates the new employee orientation process.
- Conducts special studies and analysis in his/her area of responsibility as directed.
- Participates in and contributes to community affairs.
- Participates and contributes to professional associations as well as organizations.
- Counsels managers regarding staffing needs, procedures, interviewing techniques, federal, state and local employment legislation impacting recruitment practices as well as compensation parameters.
- Ensures HR practices are consistent with all federal, state and local employment legislation as well as regulations.
- Provides input regarding the development of management training programs to address management development needs.
- Initiates and oversees the implementation of employee relations activities designed to impact employee morale and promotes a non-union environment.
- Creates value added programs to build employee management and collaboration, i.e. wellness, generational awareness and succession planning in key roles.
- Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement. Also, brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases (HRIS Systems)
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
Monday, August 30, 2021