Outside UPS Services Sales Manager
- Minneapolis, MN
The Outside UPS Services Sales Manager role is customer facing, responsible for a large portion of day-to-day interactions between HM Cragg, Eaton's MN based Service Operations and the MN/W. WI customer base.
The person in this role is a key partner to both Inside Services Sales and Outside Product Sales Managers, planning strategies and developing customer targets. He/she will create timely and accurate quotes for our larger services customers, help to proactively develop business relationships, expand the customer base, and respond to customer needs and inquiries.
In addition, this position will actively engage in business development activities, new customer acquisition and competitive share-shift.
This role requires excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a variety of concurrent tasks and information all while providing the necessary follow up and follow through to deliver an exceptional level of customer service to internal and external customers.
Reporting Relationship: The Outside UPS Services Sales Manager role reports to the Director, AC Power Sales
- Works collaboratively with Inside Services Sales and Outside Product Sales to support and grow business relationship with end-users and their representatives
- Customer facing, facilitates contract negotiations for service renewals, warranty conversions, equipment modifications, battery services and replacement at new and existing Tier I (contract value >$250K annually) and II (contract value >$100K annually) customers of Eaton power quality equipment
- Supports business development opportunities by networking and mapping new and existing customers' organizations, bridging relationships between procurement, facilities managers, IT managers and other stake-holders
- Interfaces with Eaton's local service operations organization, legal department, service scheduling and customer services teams
- Attends UPS start-up performed by Eaton local service technician to initiate or further develop their site contacts network- laying groundwork for warranty conversion upon expiration of OEM warranty
- Acts as a trusted adviser, understanding the impact of Cloud and EDGE computing on enterprise datacenters, to understand and develop client-specific plans for product and services moves, adds and changes to their existing infrastructure
- Provides customers proactive guidance regarding the disposition of their current infrastructure and Eaton's plans to end aging equipment's service life-EOSL.
- Prospects and maps organizational structure of customers using 3rd party OEMs' equipment and services (Vertiv/Liebert, Schneider/APC/MGE, Mitsubishi/Toshiba and others) to solicit opportunities to sell appropriate Eaton and HM Cragg products and services
- Prospects and maps organizational structure of customers using services of 3rd party providers (DC Group, Unified Power and others) to solicit opportunities to sell appropriate Eaton and HM Cragg products or services
- Using available pricing tools, develops bills of material, scopes of work for Eaton and HM Cragg provided services, and costing based on customer requirements, generates quotes and proposals, hand delivers and performs follow-up functions
- Proactively communicates with customers to ensure seamless interaction especially regarding emergency situations- assesses service related issues and acts as a liaison between customers, HMC and Eaton; escalating as necessary
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Develops and implements annual sales plans to exceed revenue and gross margin goals with input from Inside UPS Service Sales Specialist
- Effectively use TDF or other CRM tools to manage account activity and communications with other HMC sales personnel
- Create and submit sales pipeline and activity reports on weekly basis
- Utilizes customer and equipment information in Eaton's Growthpoint lead tracking tool
- Tracking and reporting of relevant data to determine customer service outputs and other business results
- Maintain excellent records, manage expense reports, and submit expense reports monthly
- Supports HM Cragg sales and marketing efforts by creating content for eBlast, White Papers, case studies and other services related sales communications to be sent to customer base on periodic basis
- Is an active member of MN trade associations e.g. NCEL, AFCOM
- Other duties as assigned
- A technical aptitude with strong motivation toward continuous education
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and superior listening skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required- CRM software proficiency preferred
- Knowledge of single and three phase UPS and battery technology preferred
- Possesses a hunter's DNA- loves selling and direct customer interactions, a proven, ambitious self-starter with the sense of urgency required to be successful in an energetic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in work and relationships
- Demonstrates servant leadership principles with internal and external customers
- Demonstrates innovation/creativity in work
- Possesses strong work ethic and takes ownership of both company and client goals/objectives
- Focused on understanding and exceeding customer expectations
- Enjoys collaboration and teamwork for the mutual success of the company and its employees
Education and Experience:
- 4 year college or university degree, or related work experience
- 5+ years experience in a technical support and/or service environment
Travel expectations: Travel within geography is necessary
Tuesday, September 10, 2019