Named a 2020 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, our client offers customized onsite and offsite accounting services for businesses that are at various stages of growth. Our services range from on-demand accounting projects to CFO advisory and fully outsourced bookkeeping services including accounting leadership. All of our positions are offered as either full or part-time work with a mix of onsite and work from home flexibility. Come join our award-winning team!
As a Controller, you will be the lead on all assigned client accounts. You will be responsible for ensuring all work completed for the client is accurate and timely. You will also be responsible to ensure all client processes and tracked time is accurate.
- Develop systems to account for financial transactions by establishing and maintaining a chart of accounts. Define bookkeeping policies and procedures for clients.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Oversee accounts payable process including client's check runs.
- Oversee preparation of client invoices, review accounts receivable to identify collection issues.
- Oversee recording of cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank and credit card account.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Make necessary month end closing entries.
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial statements and other schedules as requested by clients.
- Maintain annual budget, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to client.
- Process client payroll and ensure proper entry in general ledger.
- Manage multiple client relationships
- Be a proactive liaison with client's tax CPA, banker, attorney, etc.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience in QuickBooks Desktop and Online preferred.
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity to work partially from home
- Snacks and drinks provided at the office
- Quarterly catered meetings to go over company performance
- Caring, hard-working, team environment
- 401k with match
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance