- Chanhassen, MN
CorTalent has been retained by a leading Property Management company in the Twin Cities area that is looking to expand their Multifamily team! We are seeking a high-performing Business Manager with a strong background in team leadership and property management.
This position is primarily responsible for managing a multi-family property in a way that balances the needs of the residents, provides leadership to the on - site management team, and maximizes the value of the owners’ investment.
- Manage and direct the property management team.
- Build and maintain a highly capable team through effective recruitment. Identify and hire the right people for the right seats (skill sets that match the job), manage the disciplinary process, provide coaching, feedback, development, training, and conduct performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Maintain asset by directing and overseeing apartment preparation, property maintenance, special projects, etc.
- Collect and process monthly rent payments promptly and as directed by the corporate office. Generate late rent letters and file unlawful detainers as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain positive resident relations (e .g. effective communications, manage resident concerns, problem solving, etc.)
- Oversee property purchasing including order supplies and verifying and approving invoices for timely payment, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of site inventory.
- Oversee new lease and lease renewal processes.
- Participate in and oversee all marketing.
- Show and lease apartments to prospective residents.
- Effectively use property management computer program.
- Monitor budget throughout the year ensuring compliance. Research and prepare comprehensive and accurate annual budgets including capital improvement budget planning.
- Conduct monthly team meetings with on - site staff.
- Assist with apartment turns as necessary.
- Assist with all aspects of property management and maintenance as necessary (e. g. snow removal, cleaning, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Associate’s degree strongly preferred; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- C.R.M. (Certified Resident Manager) certification preferred.
- 3+ years’ property management experience.
- 3+ years’ customer service experience.
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Previous experience hiring, leading, engaging, coaching, and training an effective staff.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices with an ability to prepare frequent and recurring detailed reports accurately.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance procedures.
- Ability to protect and maintain sensitive and confidential employee, resident, prospect, and property information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read and interpret information as well as communicate effectively and deal tactfully with all levels of employees, clients, residents, owners, vendors , and the general public .
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner with a well - developed sense of urgency, high attention to detail, and follow - through skills.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills with the ability to work well independently and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond well to management direction, receive feedback, and take accountability for work product.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize, coordinate, track, and complete multiple tasks as well as adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to be flexible, receptive, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to maintain punctual, regular, and reliable on - site attendance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the willingness and ability to learn new and evolving technology as necessary. Yardi experience a plus.
- Understand and apply basic principles of good housekeeping and safety.
- Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
Tuesday, June 30, 2020