- Savage, MN
We have a growing client looking for a motivated and ambitious Sales Director that has expertise in the building materials industry. If you have a proven track record of developing dealer and distributor relationships and are enthusiastic about to be involved in the strategy and leadership of the organization, this could be the opportunity for you.
The company has one high-end product that is expanding in new materials and finishes. Priority is to grow this specific product and be excited about offering a quality product that is a differentiator in the industry. As a key driver in brand expansion, this person will be heavily involved in the go-to market strategy. Upon expansion and growth comes leadership opportunities when you lead by example.
This is a family-oriented culture that genuinely likes working together. and cares for one another. If you are down to earth, humble, and carry high integrity for yourself and your company, the opportunity to succeed here is unlimited!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Acquires sales and submits proposals/contracts by means of cold call, in-person meetings, attending tradeshows, and effectively maintaining existing customer relationships.
- Stays current on industry competition and pricing by tracking trends, researching competitors, and attaining up-to-date knowledge of the construction industry.
- Develops and executes a growth strategy by cultivating existing and developing new client relationships and channel partners.
- Develops the sales strategy, research, and development of new and emerging products reflective across all business lines.
- Develops and executes a pricing strategy to maximize market share and profitability, while maintaining strong quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Drive new sales with emphases in Alternative Composite Garage Door and Service Door offerings.
- Develops the annual revenue plan, including revenue expectations by client, by channel, by product line, to include developing profitability targets and assessing labor resource needs.
- Provides accurate data and stays current with company customer relationship management requirements.
- Maintains client relationships by ensuring their needs are met both proactively and reactively as they relate to our internal processes.
- Quickly responds to all clients on billing questions, issues, and concerns.
- Maintains accurate data in Sales Force; logging lead, contact information, managing pipeline, open opportunities as well as relative customer information.
- Manage product issues and customer complaints in timely and effective manner.
- Collaborate effectively with the estimating department.
- Drive client education; lunch and learns, dealer training, one on one meetings, etc.
- Ensure communication with production team, making them aware of product issues and concerns.
- Understand thoroughly the production process.
- 10 + years in building materials or related industry
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- Ability to Travel up to 30%
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret manuals, reports, etc. based upon customer needs.
- Mathematical and special reasoning skills.
- Track record of utilizing technology to optimize workflow efficiencies.
Characteristics and Competencies
- Analytical and detail oriented - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Strategic and methodical in sales plan.
- Initiative and get-it-done attitude. Adaptability and willingness to help wherever needed.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems. Innovation and creativity in these solutions.
Monday, April 19, 2021