Business Development Director-Remote
- Minneapolis, MN
Our Client is looking for a Business Development Director with a proven track record of success in uncovering opportunities and generating new business. The ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated success in an outside sales role finding new prospects through cold calling, networking, referrals and using multiple methods to set up meetings with ideal clients.
The Business Development Director will bring experience of developing and building out an effective sales approach to message, attract, and fill an effective sales funnel of prospects. This will entail following a consistent sales process for generating lists of potential clients, prioritizing opportunities, qualifying potential new clients, understanding the clients’ business drivers, building relationships, presenting solutions, and closing business in accordance with sales quotas and expectations.
The Business Development Director must have business acumen and know how to uncover the client’s true business needs and tie to the value we bring. They will build trust and rapport quickly with a variety of stakeholders, effectively networking within organizations to gain access to additional contacts at multiple levels, influence decisions and gain commitment throughout the sales process.
- Continuously look for new growth opportunities, comprised of multi-year, complex projects that will drive business transformation for our clients
- Identify probable ideal clients solutions, who and how to reach the appropriate decision makers, what important decision-making criteria is for each of them, to spark valuable conversations to get in the door
- Generate interest with key stakeholders to procure discovery conversations and meetings at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Ask effective questions uncovering the customer’s current situation, desired situation, pain points, business drivers, application needs and decision-making processes to recommend the best solutions, and to qualify opportunities
- Demonstrate business acumen and understanding of how our client solutions match and will benefit the client’s business operations, based on expressed needs, to influence decisions and gain commitment
- Develop a planned approach to achieve sales goals including activities, milestones and communicate progress, risks, assumptions and dependencies associated with the plan
- Differentiate our client from competitors by identifying key criteria that are important to the customer, educate and train them on our client value proposition and competitive advantages
- Coordinate and drive a team selling approach with strategic opportunities (including leadership and technical resources) to further develop the relationship and to present more complex solutions
- Facilitate smooth transitions to on our client team that will work with the client on the Assessment process and move to the next scope of work as needed
- Research, capture and document significant customer and prospect information. Include notes from conversations, company size, competitors used, technology in place, key contacts, etc.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending industry events, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, to gain access to new contacts and learn about current trends in the industry
- Support leadership when they present at events, generating interest and attendance, meeting with prospects and networking partners and actively following up to generate opportunities and ask for introductions
- · 4-year College Degree, in Business preferred
- 5+ years solution sales experience, selling at executive level, selling a service preferred
- Experience selling into companies $300M - $1B in revenue
- Demonstrated success opening new business and meeting/exceeding sales quota
- Strong business acumen with ability to discern and uncover business needs and goals
- Understand how technology can solve business problems (detailed technical knowledge is not required)
- Understand the client procurement process in technology services
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Build rapport, trust, credibility, and strong professional relationships with wide range of people including C-Suite executives
- PC proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite) required
- Experience with CRM preferred
- Requires some travel within the Twin Cities metro (or extended area). Minimal national travel may be required.
- • Values and exemplifies company Core Values:
- Faith, Family, then Job
- We consider our employees family
- We are passionate about our work
- We are strategic partners who transform businesses through innovative IT solutions
Friday, May 13, 2022