Outside Sales Representative
- Saint Paul, MN
For nearly three decades, our client has been the market leader in portable sanitation and temporary climate control. They provide portable sanitation for commercial, construction, industrial, agricultural, special events and disaster relief, as well as heating and air conditioning rentals for special events and construction.
The Outside Sales Representative position will focus on developing new business while servicing and expanding existing client business to higher levels. The position will be responsible for prospecting, cold calling, setting appointments with prospects, presenting programs and meeting sales goals. Our client provides a thorough product knowledge training program which will also include their sales process and business development strategy. To be successful in this position the attributes needed will be; confidence, independence, and self-starting. The successful Outside Sales Representatives will thrive in a one call, one close environment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Not limited to the following)
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Plan and carry out sales related activities to ensure achievement of stated sales goals within specified timeframes
- Creates a sales strategy to identify and target prospective opportunities. Executes on this strategy to ensure progression through the shorter sales cycle.
- Sell in a shorter sales cycle where the opportunity sizes range from $10k to $100k
- Develop and qualify leads to drive sales opportunities
- Seek out new business through intelligence gathering and fieldwork
- Exemplify all company values
- Proactively follow up on new business either by phone, email and/or personal visits
- Continually research upcoming construction projects that could be targeted for new business
- Perform quality checks on equipment while at jobsites
- Investigate problems, potential problems and develop solutions by making recommendations to Management
- Identify and exploit high return opportunities.
- Takes initiative to work independently with a strategy in mind. Tenacious and comfortable with prospecting.
- Solicit qualified bid/proposal opportunities while evaluating customer needs
- Create the opportunity to upsell add on services or products
- Obtain, demonstrate, and maintain a present and future in-depth understanding of product and service knowledge, becoming the “go to” product knowledge expert for the company and the customer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to display analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and critical thinking as it pertains to the increasing of revenue produced verses goals set
- Consistently offers the services of the company based on the value of the service and the brand recognition of the company
- Has a full understanding of the product/services being offered as well as who the customers are that are being solicited
- Show creativity in suggestions to improve processes
- Display ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Overtime may be required or deemed mandatory based on business needs and/or during peak seasons
- Superior customer services skills which will meet or exceed customer expectations
- Conducts self in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward both internal and external customers
- Effective use of time management skills which ensures all assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner
- Follows through as well as follows up on, assigned tasks while adhering to work schedule
- Adheres to Company policies, procedures, and processes while promoting the Company’s safety standards; does not take or allow inappropriate risks.
- Shows a preference to take the initiative and is comfortable taking risks
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma. Some college a plus; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training.
- 5+ years sales experience
Friday, June 5, 2020