Business Development Representative
- Eden Prairie, MN
Our client is a software company offering digital signage solutions, based in Eden Prairie, MN. We’ve been winning new customers on top of our 2,600 globally, and refining our product. They are seeking a full-time Business Development Representative (BDR) in Eden Prairie to focus on ACTIVITY, being outbound prospecting, and appointment setting.
We're looking for a consultative and tenacious BDR to join the team. The Outbound BDR’s primary responsibility is to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with sales to create and execute outbound lead generation campaigns. This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills, and tight collaboration with the Account Executives to generate new opportunities. The BDR will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all products and the industry.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing opportunities for the sales team from prospecting from lead lists.
- Interacting with prospects via telephone and email with high attention to detail.
- Developing and executing on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email and call scripts.
- Utilizing prospecting and research tools, coordinating with assigned reps to qualify opportunities, preparing for and booking pitch meetings with target prospects.
- Shadowing Account Executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for your next role on the sales team.
- Strategizing with team members to innovate & improve the overall sales development process and playbook.
Find, uncover, develop, and process potential leads into qualified sales opportunities.
Success will be measured by:
- Finding opportunities: Demonstrated ability to develop and consistently execute a disciplined approach to outbound lead gen activities that generate quantifiable targeted results in-line with revenue objectives.
- Developing opportunities: Demonstrated ability to consistently uncover and develop value within potential prospects.
- Managing inbound leads: Demonstrably managing and processing inbound lead flow from marketing activities; developing value and directing the potential lead to the most appropriate fulfillment channel (Direct Sales team, Web-based offering, or other).
- Communicating what we do: Demonstrated ability to communicate and clearly differentiate the companies value proposition for the company and all product offerings to prospects and customers.
An “A” level Business Development Representative will have demonstrated:
- A four-year BA or BS degree
- 2-4 years of hunting and lead generation experience
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated evidence of disciplined planning and execution
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of social media applications (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com is helpful although not required
Tuesday, January 12, 2021