- Minneapolis, MN
You are a detail-oriented accounting professional that has interest in the tech space and the constantly changing industry. You are a strong communicator and problem solver who can work with a wide range or executives and employees. You may have experience and/or interest in taking on new responsibilities as the organization goes through incredible growth. Your accounting experience have prepared you to take on these tasks with enthusiasm to help the organization grow. This comes along with organization and time management skills that afford you to do a thorough job in all task you.
This position reports to the VP of Finance.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Preparation and input of journal entries.
- Prepares operational, external, and covenant reporting.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Partner with billing and provide billing support when necessary.
- Track and record Cryptocurrency transactions appropriately.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain fixed asset tracking and reporting.
- Maintain prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities schedules, including credit card reconciliation.
- Appropriately account for all revenue and expenses, book journal entries.
- Calculate, record, and communicate sales commission and partners' referral fees according to their respective agreements, and reconcile all accounts monthly.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Work with project managers to monitor and prepare weekly reports and cash needs of site projects.
- Review vendor invoices for use tax and report and pay sales and use taxes on-time.
- Perform payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ad-hoc duties and analysis as requested by the VP of Finance or CFO.
- Assist in preparing for annual audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance.
- 4-years of accounting experience.
- CPA and/or public accounting experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and the ability to learn new accounting systems.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with dynamic workdays and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, thoroughness, and ability to staying organized while dealing with large amounts of data.
- Independent, self-starter that can work collaboratively within a team.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
Key Attributes and Characteristics:
- Get-it-done attitude
- Detail oriented
- Great time management skills
- Balance between independent and team player
- Generalist knowledge and interest in exploring accounting best practices
What the company offers:
- Entrepreneurial foundation
- Cutting edge technology and industry innovators
- Health insurance
Thursday, February 11, 2021