The Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement ensures that all company products and services meet defined quality standards before they are dispatched. The main responsibility is to develop, train, audit, sustain, store and improve all standard operating procedures in all areas of the organization. The Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement will be responsible for the quality of product leaving the company by not only ensuring the processes are up to date and followed, but by inspecting the product throughout the shop and at the end of the production cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops and documents processes for all production, pre-production and post production departments in coordination with department managers and employees.
· Creates standardized filing and electronic storage and navigation for simple discovery and updating of processes.
· Trains on processes for all production, pre-production and post production departments.
· Audits processes for all production, pre-production and post production departments.
· Reports audit results back to SeaChange leadership team on quarterly basis.
· Works with department managers to sustain and continuously improve processes.
· Develop companywide continuous improvement program and reports metrics of improvement to SeaChange leadership team and all employee’s visibility
· Lead and facilitate Kaizens and other continuous improvement efforts and report improvements to leadership team.
· Utilize all lean manufacturing tools (5s, visual management, heijunka, value stream mapping, Kaizen, Kanban…etc) to drive safety, quality, efficiency and waste reduction.
· Onboards and sets training schedules and milestones for new employees and for current employees to continually improve.
· Leads inspection of samples at various stages of the production process. Final inspection after last production process to ensure expected quality of samples.
· Leads inspection for color, registration, spots, hickies, scratches, marking, accurate finishing and quantity of samples to ensure expectations of the client are met or exceeded.
· Collaborates with operators, department managers, sales, CSR’s and V.P. of operations with any concerns with the quality of product.
· Develops quality control system to ensure quality at the source to reduce standardized final inspection needs.
· Identify quality improvement opportunities, develop process controls and train employees on these new or adjusted Standard Operating Procedures.
· Makes quality control decisions on live work or upcoming and past work.
· Creates standardized filing and electronic storage and navigation for simple discovery of SDS
The Director of Quality & Continuous Improvement must have five plus years in a similar role with extensive knowledge of the printing industry, with an emphasis on quality processes and lean manufacturing. He/She will have formal six sigma training and credentials. Excellent verbal communication and writing skills are essential to appropriately interpret customer job requirements and be able to effectively communicate with internal business partners. Critical thinking, judgement and independent action are key components to needed to effectively manage the workflow while being nimble and displaying a professional manner reflective of our core values. He/she must have background using Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
This position requires, or may require, access to “Client-Sensitive” data, PHI/ePHI access or authorization. Mandatory security training as well as background/drug screen/credit check will be implemented.
Preferred Education/Training and Systems
Associate Degree in printing or related field or a High School diploma/GED along with the equivalent industry related experience and training. He/she must have formal credentials and training in lean manufacturing / six sigma.