Director of Strategy and Operations
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client has retained us to help them hire their Director of Strategy and Operations for their privately held fast growing law firm. To be successful in this role, you must be equally able to lead company strategy initiatives, manage people and processes, collaborate cross-functionally, and be comfortable with details and tactics. Your focus will be to successfully execute strategy plans/projects, knowing that this will require hands on work as well as coordination with and delegation to other team members.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone to take their career to the next level and have a direct impact to company growth and success.
Our client is a multi-jurisdiction law firm with a laser focus on probate litigation. They are not estate planners or tax attorneys. They are recognized leaders as trial lawyers who do probate really well. They have a national growth plan and operate currently in seven cities in four states, with Houston, Texas set to open in April, 2022.
More importantly, our client’s team members care about each other, their communities, and about doing right by their clients who entrust them to protect and secure the legacies their loved ones intended.
The work our client does goes well beyond revenue or profit. They are business-minded, forward-thinking, but as committed to helping people as they are to their own success. Less hierarchical and more inclusive, they encourage, mentor, invest in and support professionals in building careers and relationships. They understand their ability to service clients rests on the strength of the entire team and their community relationships.
- Partner with the CEO (Visionary) and leadership team on short and long-term planning.
- Research, plan, and execute upon strategic growth initiatives focused around growing the firm in new markets/states including market research, real estate and leasing, and strategic staffing.
- Lead reporting efforts on appropriate P/L, annual, midterm, and long-term financial objectives.
- Maintain and oversee the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the organization, ensuring appropriate systems are in place to maintain effective internal controls for the organization.
- Lead office management, administrative and non-Legal operations. Collaborate with other leaders to ensure Human Resources and other Office procedures are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Assess current business operations, tools, and processes and make recommendations to leadership. Implement changes based on these recommendations/findings.
- Develop KPIs and Metrics consistent with overall business plan.
- Develop and maintain a consistent company-wide hiring, onboarding, performance development, and other Human Resource processes.
- Filter and translate ideas and organizational vision into the functional plans of the business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure successful implementation of company strategy.
- Demonstrate effective project management and continuous improvement skills. Uses both skills to evolve core processes.
- 8+ years in an Operational or Strategy Leadership role.
- Bachelors degree (B.A.), or equivalent experience.
- Proven success creating, executing, and sustaining strategic planning initiatives
- History of establishing, communicating and meeting key business metrics.
- Must be detail oriented with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting
- Proficient knowledge of human resource functions
- Ability to organize time, set priorities, and work in an effective manner
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent writing, analytical, research, presentations, and public speaking skills
- Experience leading and developing strong teams
- Experience in Legal field.
- Knowledge of EOS/Traction methodologies.
- Self-starter, comfortable working and managing a team remotely.
Wednesday, March 9, 2022