Technical Quality and Control Audit Leader
- Eden Prairie, MN
Do you enjoy working in Public Accounting but are struggling with an old-school approach to employment practices? Are you looking to make a big impact with your clients but not at the expense of your work-life balance? Our client, a nationally recognized CPA firm, is large enough to offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits, along with an excellent growth trajectory, but not so large that they lose their entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility.
This exceptional firm is looking for a Technical Quality and Control Audit Leader to join their growing team! This role is responsible for managing technical accounting and auditing research to insure accurate audits in compliance with GAAP and GAAS, reviewing financial statements, assisting in the resolution of complex issues, mentoring staff on technical audit and accounting issues, and assisting with the PCAOB, Peer, and internal review processes. In addition, this position will demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s industry and marketplace in order to identify and communicate performance enhancements for the client. This position is also responsible for continuous improvements of quality control in all services and minimizing Firm risk.
- Open doors at all levels
- Collaborative work spaces
- Flexible hours and work from home capabilities
- Competitive Base & Bonus Compensation
- Learning and Development Programs
- Dress for Your Day Culture
- Generous Vacation, Personal and Holiday
- Mentors for every employee
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Firm and team social events
- Snacks, Pop and Ping Pong!
- Review financial statements of private company clients, NFP clients, and possibly SEC-client filings for compliance with professional and Firm standards, with subsequent engagement team interaction
- Review workpapers and complex accounting transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Create and implement specific proactive Firm-wide policies and concepts that continuously improve the quality of our Audit and Accounting practice
- Assist in the planning and execution of both continuous documented monitoring of the quality of our Audit and Accounting practice and our tri-annual Peer Review, as well as the audit of our practice now performed under the auspices of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Delegate and oversee the initial preparation and set-up of client files and engagement letters
- Function as a Firm resource on the research of technical issues involving complex accounting, auditing, SEC, NFP and PCAOB matters
- Advise internal (and external) clients regarding existing or potential financial reporting or auditing issues
- Assist with other specific technical projects as requested, such as independence matters, research projects, Quality Control Document revisions, etc.
- Demonstrate competency of technical skills, work quality, and the application of professional and Firm standards
- Maintain professional and appropriate conduct; represent Firm and self well in client situations
- Follow all regulations and ethical standards set forth by the Firm and other governing bodies
- Offer preparation of position papers and implementation guidance regarding newly issued technical pronouncements
- Develop professionally through reading, attending trainings/seminars/CPE, and accepting challenging projects
- Understand general business trends and how they may relate to client needs/issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of progressively challenging Public Accounting experience
- CPA Licensure
- Excellent current technical GAAP and GAAS knowledge; possession of current CPE reflecting up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Familiarity with SEC and PCAOB Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues, including GAAP, GAAS, SSARS (compilation and review), SEC, NFP, and Yellow Book.
- Experience in SEC engagement auditing and reporting
- Knowledge of independence standards, advanced auditing approaches, quality control standards of the AICPA
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and knowledge of review, compilation, and auditing standards
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, NFP, SEC, or Yellow-Book
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Supervisory experience
- Willingness to assist in development of staff and other recruiting initiatives
Monday, August 2, 2021