- Cleveland, OH, United States
Our client, an established and growing steel fabricator is looking to add and experienced Business Unit Leader to join their growing team in Cleveland, OH. This role will play a critical part in helping achieve long term strategic initiatives for the business unit.
The General Manager role will work with the entire team and is responsible for the performance and P&L of the business unit. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring the activities of the team to accomplish the goals and growth of the business unit.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the business unit including selling, estimating, manufacturing of fabricated products in compliance with safety, quality and AT&F values.
- Implementation of EOS and the ongoing promotion of using the EOS Tools
- Manage and develop the team, assigning specific duties, and appropriate metrics.
- Review financial statements, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to identify areas of improvement and developing action plans. Establish and drive meaningful KPIs at ALL levels in the business unit.
- Establish and implement strategic plans, policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Determine staffing requirements, craft development and training plans and personnel processes.
- Monitor suppliers and outside contractors to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- B.S., Engineering or Management Required. Prefer MBA or Executive MBA.
- A minimum of three (3) years in operations management.
- Experience in steel fabrication and related processes is a plus.
- P&L or operational management responsibility for a minimum annual production value of sales of $17M/yr and/or a responsibility for minimum of 47 employees.
- Primary experience working in a nonunion manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in the formation and execution of a corporate strategic plan.
- Experienced in the creation and management of KPIs and dashboards.
- Lean education with experience in implementation.
- Proven ability to develop talent and a management bench for the future.
- Experience in the application and utilization of ERP systems.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities. Decisive.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Approachable.
- Strong communication skills with a straightforward approach. Tactful.
- Ability to handle a great deal of change and pressure, with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals.
- Data & Results driven.
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in problem solving. Resourceful.
Thursday, July 7, 2022