Commercial Lines Producer
We are looking for a Commercial Lines Producer to join our growing company. This position will promote and sell products and services with existing clients and prospects. The Commercial Lines Producer will also assist clients in developing a properly designed and executed insurance and risk management plan that will help regain control of insurance, employee benefits and administrative budgets.
Ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills; strong analytical and mathematical skills. Our ideal candidate will also exhibit our core values, vision, and code of conduct.
1. Works independently to generate business to provide insurance needs
2. Works with prospects and existing clients to collect information and determine insurance needs, insurance coverages, and risk management plans.
3. Actively grow in the industry knowledge
4. Maintain prospect lists, production reports, and attend sales meetings
5. Maintains an operating knowledge of specific carrier coverage and eligibility
6. Stays current on industry trends and assist in developing new relationships
7. Works with service personnel to complete renewal business
8. Deliver and present proposals
9. Provide professional recommendations
10. Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Sales experience is preferred
Physical Requirements (specific to role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time)
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, mail, etc.
• Ability to read standard typed documents
• Ability to travel is required
The job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. If is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.