Senior Sales Engineer
- Chanhassen, MN
CorTalent has been retained by a company in the Twin Cities who is prepared to add a new Senior Sales Engineer to their team. This organization is a growing leader in their industry serving as a premium and customized equipment manufacturer. Primarily serving the food and dairy industries, this person will strategically develop relationships to build a customized solution for their customers’ production optimization. As a small, privately held business, this person will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact. Someone who is mechanically minded who enjoys sales and creating efficiencies will do best in this role.
- Is solving technical problems something you excel in?
- Do you have a “make it happen” attitude that goes above and beyond to make sure an issue is solved correctly?
- Do you enjoy highly technical, complex components and systems?
- Are you positive and uplift your team and others around you?
- Do you help the organization improve by developing strong sales processes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- More than 5 years of experience selling capital equipment
- Demonstrated track record of consistent revenue growth through sales team hiring, development, and training
- Experience building a sales process with a 3+ month sales cycle
- Proven expertise selling engineered solutions that could exceed $5 million
- Depth of experience reviewing and negotiating complex contracts
- Open to travel up to 25% domestically
- Strong communicator – email, phone, presentations, etc.
Customer Relationships and Management
- Interface directly with clients; develop new client relationships, nurture existing relationships.
- Qualify opportunities to confirm they are a good fit for the company and customer.
- Utilize visits to site to recommend improved materials or equipment that will lower costs or increase productivity.
- Accurately access the customer needs with effective discovery to ensure the solution presented will satisfy them.
- Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Receive and process customer request for quotes: design, sketch, estimates, technical, calculations.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers, prospective customers, and employees.
- Continually solicit for customer satisfaction. Meet or exceed client expectations in terms of quality of product and service delivered.
- Participate at conferences, trade shows, or other events as required.
- Collaborate with sales team to understand customer requirements, promote products, and provide sales support.
- Assist project team with technical information/communication to complete the project as needed.
- Work collaboratively within the sales team and cross functionally with all departments within the organization.
- Be prepared and actively participate in team meetings and 1:1s.
- Develop rapport and strong working relationships within the organization including the Sales Director and the sales team
Process and Workflow
- Develop a complete proposal for the customer: to include accurate description of equipment, specifications, technical data, applicable discounts, terms and conditions, site services, and any exclusions.
- Follow up on all proposals and document the findings. Upon receipt of customer purchase order confirm accuracy and process accordingly.
- Compile items necessary for the customer orders to be processed as a project and pass onto the project team.
- Process change order requests from customers.
- Assist with the process of getting equipment design to the template/standard stage.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and constructively make suggestions for that improvement.
- Update CRM, recording all sales activity.
Sales Growth and Pipeline Management
- Achieve or exceed yearly Sales Budget.
- Manage to monthly goals for activity level expectations.
- Proactively manage opportunities in the pipeline.
- Actively seek new opportunities to fill pipeline with enough volume to deliver on Sales Budget.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product line developments.
Thursday, February 11, 2021