- Minneapolis, MN
The Finance Director is the business’s senior finance leader and a key participant on the executive management team, contributing both finance and general business perspective. The Finance Director identifies and drives forward opportunities to improve business profitability and operating effectiveness as well as process improvements. This position provides functional strategy and direction to corporate shared services staff in the areas of accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Works as finance partner on strategic project teams to analyze proposed business opportunities to assess their financial viability and provide management with value-added information to assist in decision-making.
- Responsible for financial reporting and financial analysis requirements, including manufacturing plants and all branches, as well as communication of the results to stakeholders.
- Leads and manages the preparation of the annual operating plan (AOP), long range plan (LRP) and forecast updates. Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provides management with timely reviews of company’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Develop tools to facilitate the above processes and lead projects focused on restructuring or improving business processes.
- Provides a portion of direction to corporate shared services staff to ensure the timely and insightful completion of projects related to the close, AOP, forecast, and projects.
- Leads projects predominantly focused on utilizing technology to gain efficiencies in business processes.
- Recommends to management objectives and policies for company.
- Responsible for manufacturing cost accounting activities including standard costs, cost estimates, analyzing manufacturing variances, inventory valuation and department spend.
- Contributes to incentive compensation plan development, as well as calculates and submits all earned payments on a quarterly basis. Leads and participates in the development and preparation of quarterly commission reviews for senior management.
- Liaison with and assist sales with setting up accounts, determining cash application and open returns, assessing customer credit, and releasing orders.
- Assists in resolving any order/invoice issues; such as sales tax issue, DOA order recreate, rework order, bad debt resolution, AFE orders etc.
- Assists with other analysis or reporting requirements as needed.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in financial analysis, planning, and reporting.
- Ability to understand ERP system modules and trace transactions through to the general ledger
- Strong leadership with the ability to influence key business partners effectively in meeting company goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Friday, October 29, 2021