Director of Finance & Operations
- Bloomington, MN
CorTalent has been retained by a company in the Twin Cities seeking a Director of Finance and Operations as they continue to grow exponentially. This is a newly created role that will be accountable for the finance, human resources and operational functions of the Company. This person will work closely with the CEO and President to develop and carryout a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives.As the Company grows and becomes more established, he/she will build systems, tools and processes to promote revenue, profitability and a high performing operations team.
- Are you entrepreneurial and invest in your employer as if it’s your own business?
- Are you positive and uplift your team and others around you? Do you help the organization improve finance and operations?
- Do you create environments of collaboration and excellence? Having strong traits and capabilities to connect the dots across the organization is needed to be successful in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Finance, Operations, Financial Planning and Forecasting, or Corporate Finance
- Solid understanding of financial statements and accounting
- Strong analytical abilities with the ability to summarize and report out in an easily understood format to all levels of management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization and financial modeling skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to summarize and reconcile large quantities of data
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining high standard of quality
- Work well on team projects with both Business Leadership, Finance and Operational personnel
- Work well independently, with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Baan, Tableau experience helpful.
- Reporting directly to the President, being a peer partner to the rest of the Executive Team will be instrumental in continued growth.
- Balance out the executive team by offering insight and feedback. This person cannot be afraid to respectfully challenge others.
- Demonstrate effective management skills to a team of 8 in finance, accounting, human resources, and information technology functions.
- Ensure your team is truly following and adhering to the company’s core processes and operation system with consistency.
- Dependably display a relentless passion to align the focus, simplicity, and clarity of the values & purpose of the organization.
- Have a proven track record assimilating newly acquired organizations into the systems, processes, and most importantly, the culture of the organization.
- Focus on operationally scaling the business, keeping in mind how short-term decisions impact long term plans.
- History scaling functions and organizations with the energy to do it again.
- Display interest in being detail driven, staying plugged into the day to day activities to assess, improve, and scale.
- Ability to help judge talent to install new leaders in some key roles within the company
- Resolve issues effectively- recognizing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and proactively solving the problems in a practical and healthy manners.
- Depth of knowledge within operational and finance functions with a broad well-rounded business acumen across an organization.
- Emotional intelligence, ability to read the mood and adjust style to ensure message is heard and retained.
- Highly accountable and responsible for your work and efforts of your team.
- Connects the dots, creates an atmosphere of collaboration and excellence.
- Listens empathetically, provides clarity and direction, seeks feedback.
- Humble but resilient to win.
- Focus internally, does not need the spotlight.
Friday, October 25, 2019