Our client is a privately held company that provides educational reading programs and training to school systems across the country. Since 1997, the company has helped more than 2,500 school districts improve reading scores. They do so by providing educators with proper training and multisensory tools to assist in the development of students.
The Director of Sales is responsible for managing the sales team for the company and is accountable for developing and implementing strategies that result in the overall growth of sales revenue and profits.
• Accountability for growth of revenues resulting from the sale of products and services.
• Development of sales strategies and the processes to ensure alignment of the team for effective execution.
• Management of both inside and outside sales teams to drive lead generation, develop client relationships, and maintain a satisfied client base.
• Management of performance metrics for sales.
• Participation in site visits with clients and prospects, providing direction in developing client strategy and presentations; lead presentations as appropriate.
• Ensure teams are well trained in product knowledge, service offerings, service quality, and effective sales techniques and presentations, including in working with the VP of Strategy and Development on sales team development and coaching.
• Support product development team by providing market input and marketing advice as requested for current and new products.
• Maintain current understanding of the competitive landscape and represent the company at conferences, shows, and other market-driven events.
• Operate as a key sales manager; interview, hire, develop, manage performance, and retain talent to build and maintain a top-performing team.
• At least 3 years of leadership experience in a sales environment.
• Demonstrated track record of sales success in outside sales (3+ years), with a preference for sales to the education market.
• Demonstrated experience in building and managing teams.
• Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to direct, manage, coach, and develop people.
• Ability to visualize and develop strategic objectives to grow the business.
• Solid decision-making skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven technology skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/data management; Salesforce experience preferred.
• Ability to maintain a home office and travel extensively (approximately 75%).
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.