- Chicago, IL
Our client has been in the Mailing and Logistics industry for over 30 years, steadily growing to the top. They are looking for a Sales Representative with a proven track record of success in uncovering opportunities, generating and closing new business. This role will require following a consistent sales process for prioritizing opportunities, qualifying potential new customers, understanding the customers’ business drivers, building relationships, presenting solutions, and closing business in accordance with sales quotas/expectations. This process is collaborative and involves bringing in the appropriate internal team at specific stages, including Account Managers.
The right candidate should be a driven self-starter, always looking for more opportunities to grow new business. You will need to be accountable and a team player. Having the ability to generate lists of potential customers and target contacts with strong communication skills to build trust and rapport with a variety of stakeholders will be important. You will need to effectively network within organizations to gain access to additional contacts at multiple levels. The Sales Representative must have keen problem-solving skills with the ability to see the whole picture and identify and uncover new opportunities. If you have strong self-awareness and interpersonal skills, this will be a great role for you.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a fast paced, fun, and winning culture. The company’s core values are extremely important to each and every employee. You will be held to a high standard of excellence while joining a welcoming team to support you.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Continuously look for more growth opportunities, ways to improve, and be a part of the solution
- Identify who and how to reach the appropriate decision makers, uncover what is important decision-making criteria for each of them, and talk to them in their own language and style
- Develop a strong understanding of the business identifying prospect’s areas of opportunity, and match the company’s services to those opportunities
- Network and place cold calls identifying and generating interest with new accounts in a tactful manner, to procure effective discovery conversations and build trust with new clients before they experience our clients services
- Ask effective questions uncovering the customer’s current situation, desired situation, pain points, business drivers, application needs and decision-making processes to recommend the best solutions
- Relentlessly dig when met with resistance, handle objections and successfully navigate conversations with customers to get to the root of their issue to provide an appropriate solution
- Demonstrate understanding of how the company’s solutions match and will benefit stakeholders’ expressed needs to influence decisions and gain commitment throughout the sales process, to make the final solution one that fits the customer’s needs
- Differentiate from competitors by identifying key criteria that are important to the customer, educate and train them on the value proposition and competitive advantages
- Communicate clearly and effectively, tailoring conversations and information appropriately within the team, company, and customers, causing the business to stand out in the mind of the buyer
- Educate customers about terminology, features, and benefits of our client's services to improve customers’ ROI, being viewed as having credible expertise
- Research, capture and document significant customer and prospect information in defined spreadsheets. Include notes from conversations, company size, competitors used, mail volume, key contacts, follow up activities, etc.
- Use business-level information (data on volume and pricing) to move a conversation forward around relevant pain points and illustrate ROI
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or relevant industry experience in print, logistics, and/or commingle mail
- 5+ years selling with a proven track record of winning new business, enterprise sales experience preferred
- Well-organized, self-directed team player
- Outstanding hunter mentality and drive to find new business opportunities
- Ability to build relationships with wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft software
- Alignment with company core values
Monday, September 20, 2021