- Des Moines, IA
The General Manager will focus on building and maintaining business in the Central Iowa market by developing, implementing and executing key goals that will lead to profitable growth. Reporting to the President, the General Manager will provide strategic and tactical leadership in managing the Central Iowa team. This individual will be a key member of the senior leadership team, setting overall strategic direction of the company.
The focus of the General Manager is to achieve results that are aligned within the larger picture of the organization while making connections with people, motivating, and inspiring them to achieve the desired results. They will set the tone of the workplace and be a driving force in the production of the company.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Formulates and implements sales strategies to develop new and emerging business partners and channels
- Drives strategic business development and sales growth in Central Iowa market
- Assigns resources to keep projects on track and meeting or exceeding timelines
- Ensures performance goals are established and either met or exceeded and that expenses are at or under budget
- Establishes strong relationships with customers and business partners, being personally involved at a high level with key clients
- Drives results, problem solves and adapts quickly to an ever-changing work environment
- Leads, mentors and coaches all employees reporting directly and indirectly in Central Iowa office. Responsible for developing the next generation of leadership
- Actively participating in strategic planning sessions by identifying targets and goals with all members of senior leadership team
- Ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the region.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and ten plus years of related experience in construction management
- Be a strong cross-functional leader with a history of proven success in orchestrating growth in a customer-focused work environment
- Be skilled at harmoniously integrating the major functions of an organization and driving accountability throughout the organization
- Possess both a strategic orientation and an ability to drive tactical execution
- Possess the ability to get things done quickly and handle a variety of activities
- Have a track record of building strong mutually beneficial relationships
- Have ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization and maintain a positive team orientation is essential
- Be skilled at gathering, assessing and sharing information, and will serve as a coach, mentor, and facilitator
- Have a proven track record of developing leaders to the next level
- Have a proven ability to communicate effectively on all levels and both inside/outside the organization
Thursday, November 5, 2020