- Minnetonka, MN
- Supervising and managing all production and maintenance personnel.
- Interviewing, hiring, and firing of department employees.
- Conducting timely and fair performance appraisals for department personnel. This would include annual written reviews and also real-time constructive feedback on day to day issues.
- Training department personnel.
- Administering and following through on disciplinary issues including verbal and written documentation.
- Coordinating needs for temporary workers with procurement department and recommending changes to staffing levels based on business needs.
- Monitor and report schedules for vacation, time off, and overtime.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding production requirements and output.
- Organize and assign job duties.
- Establishing productions requirements for new ERP system and be involved with decisions relating to implementation.
- Participate in implementation of barcoding system during ERP roll-out.
- Tracking and Monitoring production output including, finished goods, work in process, and component assembly.
- Coordinating deliveries from outside PCB assembly houses and other subcontractors with the procurement department.
- Accountable for performance of entire production operation.
- Monitor individual and work group performance.
- Maintain high levels of productivity and quality in all of plant's activities.
- Continuously searching for possible improvements and proposing necessary capital expenditures when appropriate.
- Responsible for cost of manufacturing. This includes the use of labor, minimizing the generation of scrap, and employment of best practices.
- Planning production to achieve maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Enforce "Standard Operating Procedures", Policies, Standards, and suggest new ones where appropriate.
- Look for opportunities to use and create jigs, fixtures, and other methods to optimize production processes.
- Report status of production department during daily morning production meeting with heads of all other departments.
- Maintain daily updated totals of inventory targets.
- Monitor supervisors and coordinate feedback to upper management about personnel reviews within production department.
- Complete and return customer quality surveys as required, typically 1-2 per month.
- Must be familiar with Quality concepts to monitor and improve manufacturing quality.
- Train appropriate personnel in Quality concepts to recognize improvement opportunities.
- Be aware of conditions of all machines and tools.
- Assure that machines and tools are in optimal condition consistent with efficient output.
- See that minor repairs are handled immediately and plan for major repairs.
- Coordinate maintenance issues with facilities manager as appropriate.
- Knows OSHA regulations that apply to production functions.
- Responsible for OSHA compliance by all department personnel.
- Fosters safety awareness by all department personnel.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities of the safety committee.
- Keep company executives informed, on a timely basis, of activities and actions that could affect decisions, profitability, planning, and performance etc.
- Electronics manufacturing experience.
- Bachelors Degree in an industrial field or at least five years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Should have supervisory training.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be a good communicator.
- Must have good technical knowledge of all required processes.
- Must be detail oriented
- Team Player
- Lead by example and be comfortable spending most time on production floor.
Monday, September 30, 2019