Product Manager Embedded Systems
- Houston, TX, United States
Our client is a leading manufacturer of custom COTS rugged computing products and solutions located in Houston, Texas.They have more than 30 years’ experience in providing complex and advanced computer technologies to military, oil and gas, and manufacturing enterprises worldwide.Come join a growing, innovative company in a key leadership role as the Product Manager for the embedded computing product series.
Key Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Own product series throughout entire product lifecycle.
- Manage budgets and maintain product margins.
- Develop and lead short, mid, and long-term product strategy.
- Guide cross-functional teams responsible for complete customer experience.
- Lead Internal Research and Development (IRAD) and Internal New Product Development (INPD) efforts for New Product Introduction (NPI) and product feature set improvements/evolution.
- Develop and manage product and technology roadmaps and effectively communicate them to internal and external audiences.
- Lead internal cross-functional pre-quote and proposal efforts following documented processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Sales on customer discussions and communications, including traveling to key customer meetings.
- Conduct technical and high-level briefings to multiple audiences.
- Engage closely with Engineering on product design and development processes.
- Engage closely with Operations to continually assess and improve product supply chain, manufacturing, and quality.
- Work with Marketing to develop and manage best-in-class product marketing, branding, and advertising following established brand guidelines.
- Conduct ongoing market and competitor analysis.
- Develop and lead product go-to-market strategy and product launch plan.
- Travel Requirements: Travel expected up to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, or the equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or the equivalent work experience.
- 6 years minimum experience in manufactured products: Product Management, Program Management, Technical Marketing, or Product Marketing.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively influence people inside and outside the company.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand technical specifications to the level of being able to accurately teach others.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to increase profitability, lead cross-functional teams to achieve documented goals and results, set a vision and strategically plan and execute that vision, and deliver high-quality results in fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-drive environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented and process-driven.
- Ability to innovate and passion for creativity and ideation.
- Confident decision maker.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simpler components.
- Excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Effective team member and leader with ability to work with different levels of employees across the organization.
- Self-starter: ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; and Visio.
- Experience with Adobe products including Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Ability to create and understand detailed financial and pricing/costing models.
- Experience with data and SWOT analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience with Engineering modeling software.
- Experience with Engineering simulation software.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020