Director of Sales
- San Francisco, CA
Our client, an IT Managed Services provider, is looking for a Director of Sales to join their growing team! The company was founded over 20 years ago to help create social impact through the use of technology, and they have built their business around the core value of “Relentless Service to Others”.
The main goal of the Director of Sales is to enhance sales productivity and drive profitable growth through building, coaching and developing the sales team, identifying and advancing growth opportunities, and the execution of customer-specific sales strategies. Our client works mainly with non-profits and mission drive organizations, and their sales approach is consultative with a client-first mentality. If this fits your style and experience, you might just be their next hire!
- Drive revenue (focused on MRR) and profit for the organization through their own direct efforts.
- Demonstrate proven lead generation strategies to uncover opportunities, identify key stakeholders, and generate meetings.
- Identify target market segments and organizations, prepare value-added sales strategies to fit those targets, and influence key stakeholders and decision-makers to close opportunities.
- Effectively qualify opportunities that fit the company’s criteria for ideal customer/project.
- Research each opportunity and effectively uncover each customer’s current situation, desired situation, business drivers, application needs, and decision-making processes to recommend the best solution.
- Identify and present programs that are value-added, cross-selling and upselling to increase the size of the deal and allow for additional and recurring sales.
- Ensuring the entire sales team works effectively with customers to deliver a great, consistent customer experience.
- Member of the company leadership team.
- Demonstrate business acumen and understand how the businesses operates (including strategy, profitability, and operations).
- Stay aligned with and contribute to company goals, strategies, processes and key decisions.
- Work effectively with all other departments and leaders to prepare the company for growth.
- Provide insight to leadership team members around market trends, market research, sales progress and strategy.
Team Buildout/Coaching and Development
- Build out and grow the sales team by refining sales roles, coordinating and participating in the hiring process and making hiring recommendations/decisions.
- Onboard and manage all new sales hires and train them on company and industry best practices.
- Develop and adjust KPIs and metrics, and review on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Providing framework for sales pipeline forecasting and reporting, and ensures the entire sales team is using it consistently.
- 7+ years in a Business Development/Hunting Sales role.
- 3+ years in a Sales Leadership role.
- Strong hunter mentality and ability to leverage their network.
Monday, March 22, 2021