VP of Operations
- Minneapolis, MN
The Vice President (VP) of Operations/Integrator will serve in two unique roles. The first will be to work closely with the Owner/CEO to provide strategic planning and development across the entire organization. The second is to translate, communicate, and develop the strategy into day-to-day efficiencies for the team. This is a communication consulting firm that has a forward-looking vision on tech products. The company has grown exponentially in the last two years and are investing in this leadership position to ensure they stay focused on the quality of employee lives and the customer experience stays in highest regard.
- Hires and develops leaders in each functional area under Operations.
- Conducts weekly company and team meetings.
- Embraces and implements continuous improvement strategies to increase quality and project completion and reduce operating costs. Responsible for training and coaching employees on client billing and financial management.
- Develops, recommends, and implements Operations policies, procedures, and standards.
- Creates and recommends to CEO business plans and objectives in spending/billing, talent management, day-to-day operational communications.
- Executes to achieve approved plans and objectives in each practice area/function.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and expectations. Communicates results to subordinates and approves changes to plans. Creates and manages corrective action plans as needed.
- Presents periodic reports on performance to CEO.
- Supports strategic plan by developing, leading, and managing longer-term projects.
- Serves as the ‘right-hand’ to the CEO/Visionary to help plan, execute and manage across the organization.
- Provide input for the Company’s overall business plan, executes in helping to achieve or exceed planned P&L objectives.
- Be a catalyst for resolving issues across the Company effectively- seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and assisting in solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functions, and is cohesive.
- Detail driven, plugged into the day-to-day activities of the Company to help the CEO assess, improve, and scale.
- Works with the CEO to ensures that everyone is truly following and adhering to the company’s core processes and operational system with consistency.
- Demonstrates effective project management skills and models this behavior across the organization.
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborates with the visionary and stays on the same page.
- Maintains an important level of respect for the Visionary.
- Can filter and translate the ideas of a Visionary into a functional plan for the Company.
- Confirms that all key messages are properly cascaded through the organization.
- Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in Business, Finance, or similar
- 10+ years in a strategic leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to execute against a business plan
- Experience setting strategy and communicating direction
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven influencing skills and ability to drive results
- Dedicated people leader, focused on assessing, developing, and leading talent
Tuesday, June 22, 2021