Regional Sales Manager
- Minneapolis, MN
We have been retained by one of the leading quality management solutions companies in the US to find their next Regional Sales Manager. As a privately held business, they thrive on building partnerships through a relationship and full solutions-based approach. By collaborating with clients and understanding how they measure success, they tailor the software and hardware solutions to meet requirements. They aim to drive results without disruption of the organization. This business is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to upsell existing business and develop new relationships. Someone with proven expertise hunting new business and enjoys continuous improvement will be the best fit for this role. If you are eager to contribute to an innovative business, we want to speak with you!
- Do you enjoy technical solutions and working with engineers to help solve problems?
- Do you enjoy data and utilizing sales process for optimal performance?
- Do you work well with others and see opportunity to improve your relationship with customers?
- 3+ years sales experience in selling technical solutions
- Experience in the manufacturing and software industries a plus
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
- PC proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite) required, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- 4 year degree preferred
The Regional Sales Representative should have a well thought out approach as to how they will achieve their sales goals. Their responsibilities for Sales Planning include:
- Developing a planned approach by creating a sales plan for activities, accounts, and prospects to target, and milestones leading to the generation of opportunities
- Communicating the risks, assumptions and dependencies associated with the sales plan
- Managing and progressing a qualified pipeline of opportunities by prioritizing assigned accounts and prospects (from CRM, rep generated prospects and marketing leads)
- Execute the sales plan and communicate progress against the plan - this includes being fully prepared for and engaged in 1:1 meetings: Understanding what is working and what is not and make necessary adjustments in the sales approach or activity levels to achieve sales team revenue and profitability goals, Proactively communicating unexpected increases or decreases from new or lost opportunities, Submit forecasts and pipeline reports to management on a timely basis.
The Regional Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is utilizing a tactfully aggressive approach to driving revenue by following the sales process for seeking out and acquiring new customers and further penetrating past/existing customers to improve overall revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Further develop lists of accounts that are probable buyers of Company solutions. This could include former/inactive clients, prospects in the CRM system, new prospects discovered by the salesperson and leads from marketing/web.
- Effectively qualify and prioritize opportunities to pursue.
- Utilize multiple communication avenues (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.) to build awareness and connect with potential prospects.
- Effectively research companies to spark a valuable conversation with key stakeholders to get in the door.
- Generate interest with key stakeholders to procure discovery conversations or meetings at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Gather helpful institutional knowledge on every interaction (what they use, who they use, likes/dislikes, stakeholders, etc.) and entering the information into the CRM system. The ideal candidate will be able to use this information to prioritize call-backs and generate future opportunities
- Begin building strategic relationships within targeted accounts
- Ask effective questions to uncover the client’s current situation, desired situation, business drivers, application needs and decision-making processes to fully understand what the client needs to recommend the best solution.
- Differentiate the Company from competitors by identifying key areas that are important to the prospect or customer.
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell products or services to existing clients through implementation of sales processes and good questioning.
- Creating a sense of urgency to close the opportunities.
- In strategic opportunities, coordinating and driving a team selling approach (typically including the CTO, Sales Engineer and/or Sales Manager, Sometimes also including the CEO and President - prioritize) to further develop the relationship and to present more complex solutions.
- Demonstrating general business acumen and understanding of how customer’s businesses operate, the challenges they face and how the Company’s solutions and services impact their business
- Effectively present the Company’s services and solutions to customers: − Demonstrate understanding of how the solutions fit into how a customer’s business operates and matches their expressed needs to influence decisions and gain commitment − Connect Company’s proposed solutions to the benefits and impact to the customer’s business. − Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures
- Understand Company system’s value proposition and competitive advantages in order to effectively differentiate and sell Company’s value in a competitive market
- Effectively overcome objections • Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items to improve profitability
The Company is looking to invest time and effort in the right person to make this journey by providing personal attention for training and coaching (both internally and using outside resources) to increase the Sales Representative’s capabilities in order to add additional responsibilities and potentially increase earning potential.
Training will start with level 1 technical knowledge, understanding, and application and will require a willingness and ability to continue learning level 2 and 3 technical, product knowledge, and services knowledge, this role will also learn and implement consultative selling skills for:
- Determining customer requirements and expectations to recommend specific products and solutions
- Educating customers about terminology, features and benefits of products to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction (confidence to be an expert)
- Recommending alternate products based on cost, availability, or specifications
Data Capture, Forecasting, and Pipeline
- Researching, capturing, and documenting significant customer and prospect information in the CRM system. This includes notes from conversations, deal size, competitors used, technology in place, key contacts, etc.
- Providing management with timely and accurate reports of forecasts and pipeline
- Maintaining proficiency in using MS office
- Following Company’s policies and procedures
- Performing other duties as assigned
Thursday, February 11, 2021