Director of Operations
- Hudson, WI
CorTalent is seeking a Director of Operations on the East side of the Twin Cities that has background in the manufacturing industry. This position will be part of the Executive Leadership team and report directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and have strong relationship-building skills and a teamwork mindset. This person must be organized and have strategic vision for the overall health of the business while still rolling up their sleeves to support the production floor.
Someone who is passionate about making an impact on their organization and further develop efficiencies and optimization will be instrumental in the continued growth of this business. The business prides themselves on emerging technologies they have invested in and the quality of products they deliver to their customer. Expertise in machining and equipment will be very helpful for this person to get up to speed quickly.
Responsibilities include planning, managing, and achieving the manufacturing performance objectives. These objectives will impact a variety of areas including customer satisfaction, productivity, quality, continuous improvement, culture, and talent development in support of the overall business strategy.
Responsibilities and KPIs
- Develop, plan, and lead Manufacturing Operations to achieve our monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives.
- Lead and operate effectively within the EOS model as described in the book "Traction".
- Serve as a strong, contributing member of the Company Leadership Team.
- Select, develop, and manage the performance of direct reports while overseeing these same activities across all Operational functions.
- Establish, manage, and regularly update manufacturing production standards while continually helping to identify and resolve any bottlenecks.
- Provide regular reporting of operational KPIs and summarized in the Operations Metrics component of our Company Scorecard.
- Facilitate our Weekly Management Team Meeting and help to keep the team on track to achieve our quarterly, annual, and long-range goals.
- Identify, recommend, and implement productivity and quality improvements, as well as cost and waste reductions.
- Implement best practices to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, and quality throughout our manufacturing area.
- Oversee development and management of budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Develop the annual capital expenditure (CapX) budget, coordinate the CapX justification process, oversee implementation of new equipment, and validate the original ROI projections.
- Strong team player with attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement while fully embracing our core values.
- Adaptable, self-starting, resilient, and able to work effectively within tight deadlines.
- Strong people management skills including coaching, conflict resolution, team and individual development.
- Successful track record of planning, executing, and achieving near and long-range plans.
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining a healthy work culture resulting in organizational effectiveness.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Strong analytical reasoning and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, and the use of metrics to manage and improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, Master’s degree a plus.
- 10 years manufacturing experience, at least 5 years in operations management.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Suite, with a high proficiency in Excel.
- Familiarity with ERP and MRP tools and processes.
Tuesday, August 25, 2020