- Hastings, MN
Bookkeeper Team Member Expectations
- Anticipate needs and provide creative solutions when needed
- Drive To win with team approach
- A team is stronger than an individual. Be better than the competition utilizing the collaborative team around you and sharing your expertise to make the team better.
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Create confidence in your work. Meet deadlines and follow through. Be consistent.
- Have a voice
- Both externally and internally. Have an opinion, have a thought. Effectively communicate your ideas, sell your story.
- Build strong relationships
- Deliver premier customer service. Go above and beyond. Anticipate needs. This is a relationship industry.
- Develop an awesome work environment
- Embrace hard-work, positivity, creativity and fun. Pursue development opportunities. Support the team. Enjoy what you do.
- General ledger maintenance
- Invoicing and accounts receivable
- Collections on past due accounts
- Accounts payable and check run processing
- Cash receipts and deposits - checks and ACH transactions
- Bank account reconciliations
- Commissions reporting and reconciliation
- Employee expense report processing and management
- Ensure proper Bookkeeper methods, policies and principles
- Provide recommendations for Bookkeeper best practices
- Assist with employee benefits administration and other HR tasks
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Establish and maintain confidential and secure fiscal files and records
- Communicate and present key findings that includes actionable insights for future opportunities
- Establish and maintain routine financial reporting
- Office management role
- Perform other Bookkeeper, HR, or administrative tasks as required from time-to-time
Skills / Characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Bookkeeper or business with emphasis in Bookkeeper is required
- Degree(s) from a credible college or university preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Bookkeeper
- Proven experience as Bookkeeper
- Demonstrate proven knowledge of bookkeeping and Bookkeeper principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy; excellent organizational skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office programs with an emphasis on Excel
- Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex Bookkeeper and finance findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when faced with important deadlines
- Proven ability to react professionally and positively to adversity
- Proactive individual with the ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Ability to manage, prioritize and set expectations for concurrent projects
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit a positive attitude while dealing with challenges
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks or projects at one time.
- Can proactively and creatively solve problems.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Flexible, reliable and advocate of teamwork
- Builds trust
Friday, March 6, 2020