- Edgerton, MN, United States
We have been retained by Fey Industries to find a Controller to sit on their leadership team. If you are an engaged leader with experience leading teams in the accounting and finance activities of their corporation the this may be the right fit for you! This individual will develop organizational goals and strategies and work cross functionally to drive growth.
- Accurate and timely preparation and analysis of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Accurate and timely financial and business forecasting, including debt management, cash planning and organizational risk awareness and mitigation.
- Execution of effective teams within Accounting & Finance; including priorities, accurate and timely delivery of activities and team alignment with organizational goals.
- Generation of annual financial and CapEx budget with monthly departmental reporting of actual to plan; engaging departmental leaders on variances and corrective measures
- The internal accounting expert, proficiently using ERP and Accounting system
- Prepare, analyze and report timely and accurate monthly financial statements and reporting.
- Analyzes and interprets financial information on the company's performance, including long term trends. Collaborates and/or makes decisions concerning management direction, resource allocation and business operations to improve company financial performance.
- Coordinate and collaborate with third party auditors for financial audit, 401k audit, R&D tax credit and corporate tax return.
- Protect the organization by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Have a formal review of monthly financial statements with CEO.
- Provide summary commentary on results, trends and projections to CEO.
- Monitor the financial performance of the company; protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets, including recommending plans and corrective actions.
- Provide analysis for CEO endorsement and board approval.
- Ensure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Facilitate the development of the capital expenditure plan; providing analysis and prepare plan for CEO endorsement and board approval.
- Provide advice on financial analyses and decision-making regarding acquisitions, capital investments, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other financial matters as needed.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversee and ensure functions of Accounting department are delivered accurately and timely, including delivery of a positive customer experience.
- Participate in the development of and support the organization's strategic plans. Lead discussions with executive management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions needed.
- Oversee sales commission calculations and ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Maintain and ensure insurance policies (excluding health) are intact and the coverage is adequate for ongoing operations. Insurance coverage is solicited annually and proposals reviewed to determine best policy.
- Provide assistance and coordinate for the payment of shareholder estimated quarterly tax payments.
- Facilitate record keeping and filing of R&D tax credits.
- Develop and ensure delivery of internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting. This position is responsible for cash and risk management, including cash investments.
- Chair and coordinate 401k Investment Committee activities.
- Develop relationships, communicate and work with external audit firms(s), bank(s), casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, collection agencies, etc. This includes providing accurate and timely information as appropriate as well as scheduling and overseeing the annual audit process with external audit firm.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with federal, state(s), and local legal requirements. Keep updated on existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation and advising executive management on needed actions.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the organization's value.
- Provide support and recommendations to management, particularly in financial matters.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting with five or more years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Proficiency with managing processes, accounting software and experience with a software system implementation.
- Working knowledge and experience with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, economic principles, financial markets, data analysis, reporting and banking.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Directly supervises 3-8 team members and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, ensure training of team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CPA and/or CMA preferred.
Thursday, August 1, 2019