Human Resources Manager
- Chanhassen, MN
Are you passionate about Human Resources and want to make a big impact with your strategic ideas and initiatives? Do you have experience in a Manufacturing and Distribution environment with a desire to join a forward-thinking, sustainable, and organic certified manufacturer? If yes was your answer to both, this role may be just what you’re looking for!
Reporting directly to the CFO, the HR Manager will develop and execute strategic initiatives in collaboration with executive management to move the organization forward. This individual will reinforce best practices and manage tactical HR operations while building trust and positive relationships with employees at all levels in the organization.
With over 40 years of experience, our client provides a customized solution to their customers personal care business needs, all under one roof. From formula development and compounding to filling, decorating and retail-ready packaging, they utilize their technology, creativity, partnerships, and experience to create sustainable, earth-friendly, and innovative products. They are FDA-regulated and USDA Organic-certified.
- Participate in strategic meetings to plan and execute companywide initiatives.
- Own, update, and implement policies and procedures that meet federal, state, and local employment law.
- Analyze current staffing and anticipate future hiring needs.
- Source talent, manage applicants, and partner with hiring managers to fill open roles.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers and supervisors regarding employee relations, performance reviews, and development opportunities.
- Oversee performance correction notices and conduct investigations when necessary.
- Prepare annual merit worksheets for each department head and recommend wage ranges for hiring, retention, and market competition.
- Annually review benefits portfolio, recommend program selection & design, review and negotiate rates, and work closely with benefits broker to offer the best portfolio to employees.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Manage HRIS system.
- Ensure personnel files are retained properly.
- Administer employee benefits to ensure all enrollment information is correct. Act as a trusted resource for benefits related questions.
- Conduct new hire orientation and coordinate onboarding with hiring managers.
- Attend safety committee meetings.
- Conduct or coordinate training for employees at varying levels within the organization.
- Plan and prepare for annual service awards and holiday/team events.
- Propose and execute initiatives to outsource administrative aspects of HR responsibilities.
- Develop and roll out companywide Talent Management/Development program.
- Identify additional staffing and recruiting partners to build a pipeline for challenging or entry level roles.
- Provide strategic direction to leadership in the areas of talent acquisition and management, employee relations and retention, compensation, and other HR related items.
- Continually seek opportunities for process improvements, efficiencies, and cost savings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent HR experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Human Resources role with a broad scope of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Proficiency in ADP strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting for roles at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in a Manufacturing or similar environment preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- High initiative, self-directed, and motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
Monday, September 20, 2021