- Eden Prairie, MN
Are you passionate about helping companies build a solid financial foundation for their future? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where excellence is the standard?
CorTalent has been retained by a leading accounting & consulting firm to help them find their next Audit Manager with potential to quickly advance to Partner status!
This Audit leader will focus on Quality Review while mentoring peers and staff on best practices. They will manage technical accounting and auditing research to ensure accurate audits in compliance with GAAP and GAAS, review financial statements, and assisting with the internal review processes.
- Review financial statements of private company clients, as well as SEC-client filings for compliance with professional and Firm standards, with subsequent engagement team interaction
- Review workpapers and complex accounting transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Create and implement specific proactive Firm-wide policies and concepts that continuously improve the quality of our Audit and Accounting practice
- Assist in the planning and execution of both continuous documented monitoring of the quality of our Audit and Accounting practice and our tri-annual Peer Review, as well as the audit of our practice now performed under the auspices of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Delegate and oversee the initial preparation and set-up of client files and engagement letters
- Function as a Firm resource on the research of technical issues involving complex accounting, auditing, SEC, and PCAOB matters
- Advise internal (and external) clients regarding existing or potential financial reporting or auditing issues
- Review (existing and proposed) client services, programs, and practice areas for potential risk exposure and/or risk minimization programs
- Assist with other specific technical projects as requested, such as independence matters, research projects, Quality Control Document revisions, etc.
- Demonstrate competency of technical skills, work quality, and the application of professional and Firm standards
- Maintain professional and appropriate conduct; represent Firm and self well in client situations
- Follow all regulations and ethical standards set forth by the Firm and other governing bodies
- Offer preparation of position papers and implementation guidance regarding newly issued technical pronouncements
- Develop professionally through reading, attending trainings/seminars/CPE, and accepting challenging projects
- Understand general business trends and how they may relate to client needs/issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of progressively challenging Public Accounting experience
- CPA Licensure
- Excellent current technical GAAP and GAAS knowledge; possession of current CPE reflecting up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Familiarity with SEC and PCAOB Rules and Regulations, including “hands-on” experience with filing requirements
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues, including GAAP, GAAS, SSARS (compilation and review), SSAEA (attestation standards), SEC, IAS (international standards).
- Experience in SEC engagement auditing and reporting
- Knowledge of independence standards, advanced auditing approaches, quality control standards of the AICPA
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and knowledge of review, compilation, and auditing standards
- Remote onboarding and work until at least September 2020
- Open doors at all levels
- Flexible hours
- Learning and Development Programs
- Generous Vacation, Personal and Holiday
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Firm and team social events
- Collaborative work spaces
- Competitive Base & Bonus Compensation
- Dress for Your Day Culture
- Paid Volunteer Time
Wednesday, June 24, 2020