- Saint Louis Park, MN, United States
Are you looking for a role that allows you to ignite your passion for analysis and leadership? Do you enjoy building successful business plans in the Real Estate space? Do you thrive in a small company environment?
If you found yourself saying "YES", you might be just the right fit!Our client out of Saint Louis Park, MN, an established boutique real estate development and investment company, is looking for an Asset Manager to join their team!
How You'll Add Value:
This position is primarily responsible for supporting our client's investment objectives by maximizing the value of their real estate assets, including multifamily, retail, office, and industrial properties.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, present, and execute comprehensive business plans for each asset.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis (vis-à-vis capital expenditures, lease terms, etc.) to illustrate economic impact of recommended course(s) of action.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and oversight for leasing staff, brokers, and property managers.
- Maintain excellent relationships with capital partners; clearly communicate business plans, objectives, and recommendations to generate consensus.
- Manage consultants, construction resources, and contractors to renovate and improve assets, as needed.
- Develop and communicate strategic recommendations regarding optimal exit strategies.
- Become a market expert, with a focus on knowledge of competitive assets, development pipelines for each asset type, and other economic drivers that could impact asset performance.
- Manage project financings, track loan covenants, letters of credit, etc.
- Develop systems, processes, and procedures for budgeting and portfolio oversite.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key members of the investment community including brokers, sellers, partners, banks, and other capital sources.
- Secure and manage project financing, including (i) identifying most efficient capital source(s), (ii) preparing offering memoranda, (iii) obtaining quotes, (iv) negotiating term sheets, and (v) managing the closing process.
- Negotiate contracts (e.g. PSAs, leases, loan documents, partnership documents, etc.) to ensure favorable outcomes for the Company.
What We're Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree or equivalent education preferred.
- Five-plus years of experience in real estate asset management preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with capital and operating partners, lenders, brokers, owners, and tenants.
- Two-plus years of deal execution exposure across all major asset types and investment structures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel with the willingness and ability to learn new and evolving technology as necessary.
- Thorough understanding of valuation methodologies, including sales comparison, direct capitalization, DCF, and replacement cost.
- Knowledge of standard commercial lease concepts and terminology.
- Solid understanding of various partnership structures, and associated concepts and terminology (e.g. preferred return, hurdle rate, promote, etc.).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- High energy and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility as skill set grows.
- Long-term focus and commitment to mastering all facets of real estate investment.
- Ability to protect and maintain sensitive and confidential Company information (e.g. asset financials).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read and interpret information as well as communicate effectively with all levels of employees, clients, and vendors.
- The ability to complete projects in a timely manner with a well-developed sense of urgency, high attention to detail, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond well to management direction, receive feedback, and take accountability for work product.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize, coordinate, track, and complete multiple tasks as well as adjust to changing priorities.
- Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to be flexible, receptive, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Alignment with our core values, including passion for the position’s responsibilities, demonstrable humility and commitment to learning, high level of personal and professional integrity, commitment to excellence, a positive disposition, and the ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations.
- Ability to accurately perform basic math.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Must be able to operate:
- Personal computers including laptop, photocopy machine, telephone and smartphone, and calculator.
This position primarily works indoors in a climate-controlled office environment.
Core hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on site but may require work hours beyond normal schedule.
Thursday, March 18, 2021