Our client is a premier contract personal care products manufacturer located in Chanhassen, MN. They are organic certified and FDA registered. They provide industry leading end to end solutions including R&D formulation, compounding, filling and retail ready packaging services.
Their employees have the opportunity to inspire excellence and work with a fun team that strives every day to make a difference for our customers. Enjoy a competitive salary, bonus plan and generous benefits including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401k match, and profit sharing.
The Manufacturing Engineer is a problem solver responsible to identify, design, develop and implement optimal production processes and a leader for continuous improvement initiatives including assembly machine equipment automation and PLC based controls.
• Analyze, investigate and suggest solutions for assembly work-in-process problems
• Develop, modify, upgrade and install machinery and equipment
• Establish and document production process standards, write training procedures
• Source, research and recommend new equipment, parts and supplies
• Determine ROI and validate purchased equipment
• Work with Design & Development to implement new products
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 5 years of industrial manufacturing engineering experience or similar engineering role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Process management principals and concepts
• Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience
• Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
• Working knowledge of plastic injection molding, automation and PLC control technologies
• Understanding of manufacturing business operations and supply chain management
• Strong project management and project leadership skills
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of CAD and other design software
• Strong Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Management)
• Certified manufacturing engineer (CMfgE) certification
• Experience in a regulated industry, e.g. FDA