- Chanhassen, MN
Are you a Supply Chain professional who thrives in an environment of continuous improvement? Do you want to be part of an organization with sustainable manufacturing practices and large national clients? Are you an organized and detail oriented self-driven professional? If these things resonated with you, this role may be exactly what you’re looking for!
The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of production raw materials as needed based on production supply and demand and with terms and conditions favorable to the company. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this individual will work collaboratively with the Sales, Production, Quality, and Finance departments to ensure best practices are upheld.
With over 40 years of experience, our client provides a customized solution to their customers' personal care business needs, all under one roof. From formula development and compounding to filling, decorating and retail-ready packaging, they utilize their technology, creativity, partnerships, and experience to create sustainable, earth-friendly, and innovative products. They are FDA-regulated and USDA Organic-certified.
- Place purchasing orders with suppliers.
- Manage sources of supply for price, delivery, and other key metrics.
- Manage vendor and supplier relationships.
- Coordinate with Quality in documenting and resolving supplier corrective action reports (SCAR).
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of product utilizing the ERP system and scheduling board.
- Make purchasing decisions in accordance with company procedures and regulations.
- Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase requisitions and refine for future purchase orders.
- Review quotes and secure the most competitive bids.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external business partners, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Develop and implement efficiencies, standardized tools, practices, and procedures shortening the quotation, RFP and decision-making process and evaluation time.
- Establish Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) practices and reinforce through regular benchmarking, periodic RFPs, and supplier performance metrics reporting.
- Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding Procurement and Inventory Management practices.
- Research and develop solutions to problems that arise, such as shipping and pricing errors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field or equivalent Supply Chain experience.
- 3 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- High initiative, self-directed, and motivated.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal and external partners.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Understanding of full cycle supply chain activities.
Monday, September 20, 2021