Director of Business Development
- Minneapolis, MN
CorTalent is retained to find a motivated, professional, and organized Business Development Director to lead strategic sales efforts and develop/manage a sales team. This individual will be responsible for enhancing existing relationships and hunting new opportunities within these accounts, increasing sales productivity and driving profitable growth through building, coaching and developing the sales team, identifying and advancing growth opportunities, and the execution of customer-specific sales strategies. The individual successful in this position will also gather and bring insights to the management team on sales team activities, market trends, customer feedback, sales results, and forecasts to direct future strategies for continued growth. This person will be responsible for expanding this team as the company continues to grow over the coming years through an internal team.
- Are you a go-getter with a “make it happen” attitude?
- Are you positive and uplift your team and others around you while still keeping people accountable and pushing everyone toward their goals?
- Are you adaptable in fast-paced and changing environments?
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial automation/control systems/information software industry experience
- Seasoned sales management experience (minimum of 3-5 years with demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales) strongly preferred
- Proven solutions sales skills in selling a technical (automated) solution, with experience in Enterprise level accounts is ideal
- Bachelor degree preferred
- PC proficiency (Microsoft Office suite) required
- Experience with CRM systems beneficial
- Ability to drive revenue and profit for the organization through their own direct efforts and the sales team
- Identification of target market segments and organizations, prepare value-added sales strategies to fit those targets and influence key stakeholders
- Translate vision and strategy of company into sales strategies and initiatives that directly drive desired sales activities and results
- Development, communication, and execution of a clear and focused strategy for the sales organization
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and accountabilities for the sales team
- Provide face-to-face support by coaching and mentoring new and existing sales team members to ensure the team is capitalizing on opportunities
- Drive the Sales Operating System, including:
- Sales process and reporting, including mission-critical activities such as account planning
- Activity expectations
- Routine meetings
- Systems such as CRM, quoting tools, and forecasting spreadsheets
- Key measures including annual goals and monthly milestones
- Implementing pricing standards, and establishing sales authority and decision-making boundaries for the team
- Ensuring the entire sales team works effectively with customers to deliver a great, consistent customer experience
- Proactively managing customer satisfaction and service delivery by understanding customer service problems and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Exude credibility with customers when traveling with team members in the field and help team members with closing deals when needed
Thursday, October 8, 2020