- Ripley, TN, United States
Our client, makes windows and doors inspired by how you live so you're inspired to live well. They are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Their business reaches across the nation and their products are represented around the world.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer is responsible for supporting and driving improvement through the application of lean principles to rapidly improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity. The CI Engineer will develop strong partnerships across the organization and promote a consistent, data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Support and foster a continuous improvement mindset and expand the use of operations excellence methodologies and tools.
- Employ and encourage the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to continuous improvement.
- Drive “bottom line” performance improvement in critical operational performance areas, such as safety and compliance, quality, cost, and labor productivity.
- Lead and/or support larger improvement projects and project teams. Promote team member involvement to create and sustain improvement.
- Conduct and/or assists fellow technical resources with relevant studies pertaining to costs, time, and motion. On the basis of these studies, track return on investment of continuous improvement activity.
- Apply knowledge of product design, production and business processes to proactively identify improvement opportunities across operations.
- Support continuous improvement systems that lead to a future state design and sustainable improvement processes.
- · Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Industrial engineering/technology and/or manufacturing/operations
- · 3+ years’ experience facilitating and implementing continuous improvement/quality events
- · 4+ years’ leading moderately sized improvement/new product projects with proven results
- · Lean, Six Sigma or Quality Certifications are strongly encouraged or obtained within 6-12 months
- · Proven ability to successfully participate, manage, and motivate cross-functional teams
- · Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.
Tuesday, July 20, 2021